Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. p0box4

p0box4

I might have lost my funded account today, i am down 1400$ on the account.
    Max DD remaining is 835$ and i need to be positive by the end of next Friday's session.
    Bad trading today, should have called it a day when i was up 500$, seconds before Flynn said he is willing to testify against trump, i forgot to adjusted my stop to break even and i wasn't sitting at my desk when it all happened. Then i made some very stupid mistakes to try to regain my profit ...

#121     Dec 1, 2017
  2. gwen

gwen

Hi all,
    I know that has been said before but this trailing stop is rather annoying when doing a combine.
    I was short a few CL lots, the market went my way by 15 ticks, decided to put a breakeven stop after that....and decided to close the position at the pit close. The market continued to fall and at a time, I was +40 ticks....The market then retraced and hit my breakeven stop. Stuff happens.......BUT when I tried to go long a few minutes after, the system closed my position automatically after a 3 ticks loss !!!
    I do not see the point in being punished like this : not all strategies require to exit at +30 or +40 ticks.....how many times CL goes your way, retraces, and continue the initial trend with force. I do not see there bad trading behavior.
    So a bit angry with this way of doing.
    Best

#122     Dec 2, 2017
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm curious...when you say you were not sitting at your desk when the breaking news occurred involving Flynn is willing to testify against Trump administration...

What was so important that you needed to walk away from an open trade without adjusting your stop ?

Did you hear about the breaking news while you were away from your desk or did you only realize what was going on when you return back to your desk ?

wrbtrader

#123     Dec 2, 2017
  4. p0box4

p0box4

An "emergency" with my son, its just me and him here and he began to freak out about something. I knew the Flynn news was developing at that time however there also was some positive news about the tax bill right before, so i expected the market to move up a little more.

It was just a stupid mistake to not manage my position properly, i could have avoided a huge loss. Right before my son needed me i was looking for a good price to move my SL to, then i just forgot about it. Nothing or nobody to blame but me, stupid stupid stupid.
    However i am still going to give it my best shot next week, everything is possible.
    1400$ is 5 day's is very possible.

#124     Dec 2, 2017
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I completely understand and can relate because I myself am a single parent.

#125     Dec 2, 2017
    p0box4 likes this.
  6. p0box4

p0box4

Is any of the funded traders here funded with a different funding partner then MES? Just curious.

#126     Dec 4, 2017
  7. "Max DD remaining is 835$ and i need to be positive by the end of next Friday's session."

Why? Is there a rule to be positive after number of trading days? Or it is because of the oversized losing day?
    BTW, what were you trading? ES?

#127     Dec 7, 2017
  8. p0box4

p0box4

If you are funded with MES you have to have a positive balance after 15 day's and every 15 day's thereafter.
    The position was ES.

#128     Dec 7, 2017
  9. "If you are funded with MES you have to have a positive balance after 15 day's and every 15 day's thereafter.
    The position was ES."

It is similar to TST 10 days positive after the start rule. It calls for serious consistency and risk control.

#129     Dec 7, 2017
  10. p0box4

p0box4

Indeed, my funded account will be evaluated tomorrow and the chance of getting back above 50K is very very small.

#130     Dec 7, 2017