Reverse Trader's Grail

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ProfitProphet, Sep 15, 2006.

1. The crowd likes to trade counter to any new emerging trend.

The best fading strategy is to trade when a new trend looks
    likes its emerging (of course expect to be wrong more than 50% of the time).

The crowd joins the trend just before the end or
    just after the trend has changed and a new one emerges and whole thing starts again.

#21     Sep 17, 2006
  2. Nice stats.

I have no doubt that you have figured something out.

Would you mind posting a chart to take this conversation out of the theoritical realm and into the practical?

Regards,

JJ

P.S. Flames go along with the terriority, just work through'em.

#22     Sep 17, 2006
  3. no, i dont think he has

i think he's just one more huckster, in a never ending series of hucksters on this forum, yanking the chains of those seeking answers - you're blind if you dont see the pattern

(by the way, i have a propriatary indicator, that predicts with 78.57% accuracy, when a huckster will emerge - LOL)

#23     Sep 17, 2006
  4. Maybe so.

But it doesn't cost me anything to take a look at his charts.

Regards,

JJ

#24     Sep 17, 2006
  5. that's your business

i was just expressing a gut reaction to what I feel is pure BS, designed to lead people down a complicated perhaps expensive road to nowhere

you have to admit, this pursuit is *rampant* with con artists

#25     Sep 17, 2006
  6. It isn't just my business if he posts a chart, it will be the business of everyone else who peruses this thread, views the chart(s), and can make informed decisions for themselves regarding their trading and investing.

I would like the thread to move beyond the flaming, name calling and, as you say bullshit mode that it currently is in. Posting charts/setups/indicator(s) would help it along in this regard.

... and yes, there are plenty of people who attempt to profit from others while not giving equal exchange, but up to this point the OP has not tried to sell, market or promote anything.

Regards,

JJ

#26     Sep 17, 2006
  7. ' if he posts a chart'

well, why HASN'T he?

if he goes beyond emotional 'interest hook planting', and shares knowledge beyond 'i've got something you want', i'll be the first to deliver an apology - anything's possible

but so far, he's done nothing but hook your interest, without delivering anything

and yes, that *IS* the mark of a con man

he's had 2 whole days to say something (thread started 09-15-06 10:26 PM)

he hasn't

i dont post that much on ET, i've got a low number of posts relative to the start date. and i think the few that are familiar with my posts know that generally my posts are constructive, not hostile

but i am beginning to believe that hostility to con artists IS constructive, because someone who preys on your hopes and fears to lead you anywhere but where you need to go is harmfull, even if just a little bit

#27     Sep 17, 2006
  8. Cesko

Cesko

Yawn

#28     Sep 17, 2006
  9. I am setting myself up as larger than life, Guru status notwithstanding.

Not every technical mind is profit oriented. Most rocket scientisits who work at NASA aren't necessarily interested in the markets, or they wouldn't be working at NASA.

As a trader, I found what works for me. Yes, I like to make it sound more revolutionary than it is. The wave principal was started by Gann and Elliott so it is nothing new. I was taught, did not discover, to apply slightly advanced wave calculations to the financial markets. Maybe it has no scientific merit at all. As I first posted, maybe I'm just lucky. At this point, I'd rather be lucky than smart.

I discovered Elite Trader by accident. I am not tech savvy as to posting and shuffling data.

I'll make it simple for all. You will never profit consistently in the markets unless you can say for certain at any given time.. what is the current SENTIMENT?

Underneath all the math and science, that is all audiology measures. That is all this is about. What is the current market sentiment? Every thing else is just details.

P.S. to swtrader. Absolutley I am a confidence artist. It isn't enough I fleece the "suckers" in the market. I have to post and do it here as well. Wait for the soft sell after the emotional hook, then the pitch for a ridiculously overpriced seminar with vague and otherwise unless information. But keep this between us, o.k. sweetie?

#29     Sep 17, 2006
  10. Oh my lip, my lip! Ok , I'm hooked. After all the analogies, philosophizing, vague references, etc., it all has to come down to some basics

" why I enter a trade and why I exit. This is what I look at. Here is a recent chart demonstrating same. " You wana play?

If you have banked most of what you described, surely you do not fear we will destroy your system.

I assume you are talking real money.

Oh my, I see the Wizard of Oz is on tv. Just love that man behind the curtain.

#30     Sep 17, 2006