reverse psychology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by zdreg, May 15, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

why is reverse psychology a useful/not useful tool?

[​IMG]

2. Handle123

Handle123

I have kept my "DUMB" journal for over twenty years, and when I either "just knew this was the going to go farther than my targets" or "this feels like we near bottom" I write it down but continual to do system trades. At some point after 20 years, I added up running tab of my findings, when I thought market was going to continual up/down, that was end of wave/swing/year and I have taken this information, patterns it was making and tested/programmed them in my systems to get out. When I thought the lows/or highs were almost there and should extend protective stops, immediately exited trade and reversed, did same with systems after testing.

So I found it useful, but you have to have an open mind AND ability to acknowledge to oneself that what I see is not the case Mr. Spock and it is illogical to think I be right.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

:D

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

It only works on little minds. Urgency on the other hand works to the tee. Why? the fear of missing out that's why. peace

5. %%
    LOL ElCubano
    Speaking of reverse.... I like the parabolic stop + reverse indicator LOL.Not a prediction or psychology.

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I use to think that "reverse psychology" was only useful on kids...naive kids. For example, eating a highly nutritious sandwich in front of the kids and then saying....hmmm....hmmm...delicious jut to get them to eat the healthy sandwhich instead pizza. Parenting

Later, I realized that its frequently used in professional sports, marketing, financial firms, schools, medicine and many other careers.

I didn't realize it was used in medicine until last year when I myself was in the hospital and I witness it being used by doctors, nurses, therapists on many patients.

7. %%
    I like what Dr John Rosemond, psychologist ,says [ on the radio] '' we were better off without psychologists'' LOL-LOL

8. zdreg

zdreg

the country was better off before the Fed was created and before the supreme court reversed themselves and ruled the income tax constitutional.
    anything else?

9. Mifar

Mifar

If the matter concerns forex then I can't understand what reverse psychology has to do with it, anyway, I agree that it works great on kids. Although if you practise it often, it'll work on adults well too.

10. %%
    Yes;
    good thing we reversed most the bank busts with FDIC insurance. We are better off with out bitcon; even thier own website admits most bitcon/bitcoin ATMs are for deposits, not withdrawls LOL:D

#10     Jul 28, 2017