Reverse Psychology/Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by romik, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Oh, that is sooooooooo evil.
    A viral, confidence trickster-rope-a-dope- you- get- their -dough- regardless prop shop.Thats nearly as good as insurance co's.

#31     Mar 3, 2006
  2. romik

romik

You know I have this feeling that some prop shops or arcades do exactly that, that is so logical and makes sence to me.

What about random order placements, again not based on any strategy, simply reversing positions that were open randomly.

#32     Mar 4, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  3. romik

romik

OK, random is pants, no need to comment guys

#33     Mar 4, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. romik

romik

"Economic fluctuations appear to result from random decisions, say two Santa Fe Institute researchers in Nature. "Market traders are not mindless. But if they were we might not notice the difference," they claim. "Their theoretical model assumes that traders place orders at random rather than on the basis of shrewd calculation and observation of economic trends. It reproduces some of the statistical features of financial markets.""

#34     Mar 4, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  5. Oh my GOD. [awe struck, jaw dropping]

Do you really think most new traders lose money because they are consistently on the wrong side of the trade, and not because they have too wide or narrow of stops in place, trade too often and generate excessive fees, and have little to no knowledge of money or risk management?

WOW! Screw trading, why don't all of you just meet me at the roulette wheel at the Golden Nugget? I think there really is AT LEAST one Bernie in this group.

#35     Mar 4, 2006
  6. romik

romik

Who cares how they lose? For every loser, there is a winner on the opposite side, right or not? Let's assume your stops are too wide, that would mean that your position went against you, you made a wrong decision, now reverse that please. Stop too narrow, he is still wrong. Money/risk management - that is the one, that is Mr Anderson :) How would this typical trader finish? Trying to recoup his losses with one big bet maybe? Reverse that again.

#36     Mar 4, 2006

7. No. you seem drunk, or possibly on cocaine/amphetamines.

Whats being dicussed, is the use of organized IN HOUSE methods to create an artificially high probability method, using the respective talent AND lack of it of a group of people.
    The market doesnt care how good or bad your trading is.

Pekelos evil plan is great, and as has been pointed out, it probably doesnt differ from what many are doing, the only difference is in the level of DISCLOSURE and legality.

For a rudeboy, you sure can't swear very convincingly. In the psychology forum, no less.......

#37     Mar 4, 2006
  8. very simple: buy a couple of systems that promise quick riches and fade them.

#38     Mar 4, 2006
  9. romik

romik

How many traders do make it and how many don't? The theory is to trade on the opposite side of the majority, whose future in trading is in a way doomed by whatever mistakes they make. At the moment it is a theory, which I want to test out with my wife (who I doubt very much will ever make a good trader, she is the wrong type, an emotional person :)) I will set her up on a simulator without letting her know this and I would be on the opposite side of her trades.

Have you ever thought about the people that CAN manipulate markets. Manipulation is illegal, but doesn't mean to say it doesn't exist in the markets. Look at Silver futures, why is the price of silver so low when demand is high? You can draw similarities to other markets where the big players will be on the opposite side of the majority and they will squeeze the majority to force buying or selling. I have watched markets for a long time now and I personally have my own view on how they operate.

#39     Mar 4, 2006
  10. romik

romik

i wouldn't call it evil at all, he was suggesting lending them more money to trade. Also, why not simply pay these guys a fixed salary with a bonus for the times when they really f... it up :)

#40     Mar 4, 2006