Reverse Martin Gale strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 27, 2009.

1. that is pyramiding and works great in bubbles, where theres lots of momentum.

just like a few posters said its devastating in chop

#11     Nov 27, 2009
  2. hmm, come to think of it, just imagine how you would have been cranking up your short positions in '08 and early '09. Mirroring Livermore's story, you probably would have gotten a call from Jamie Dimon in early March, asking you to stop shorting the market. You then would have covered all your shorts, and started BUYING, pyramiding your amassed fortune over the coming months.

#12     Nov 27, 2009
  3. charts

charts

... it actually goes the opposite way: shorter time frames trend more :)

#13     Nov 27, 2009
  4. If you have no edge, martin gale or reverse are both losers. Just like in roulette. You just lose in different increments.

#14     Nov 27, 2009
  5. buy at strong support, sell at strong resistence

if it confirms strong support add when it breaks the next resistence, if it fails strong support, get out

if it confirms strong resistence add when it breaks the next support, if it fails strong resistence, get out ...

i think it really is that simple ...

EDIT: Don't lose after you've added

#15     Nov 27, 2009
  6. charts

charts

... martingale and reverse-martingale seem to be favored by "guessers": jump in, then see what happens ... not a good strategy :) When you know what you're doing compounding's enough (!)

#16     Nov 27, 2009
  7. Xman

Xman

Interesting for you to say that. I like to use channels for trend identification, they seem to last forever in the larger time frames, yet on the small ones their life-bar is very limited.

X

#17     Nov 27, 2009
  8. Xman

Xman

Sounds excellent my friend, unfortunately the market is full of failed breakouts and breakdowns.

X

#18     Nov 27, 2009

9. yes, but as we all have experienced ... the ones that failed to fail make our days,.... weeks, months, years

:D

#19     Nov 27, 2009
  10. Xman

Xman

Cant' argue with that. Thank you for your response.

X

#20     Nov 27, 2009