Reverse engineering someone else's edge by analyzing open/close trades history?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heispark, Nov 6, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

Just curious.... Is it possible to reverse engineering someone else's edge by analyzing his open/close trades history? Asking this question to know whether posting trades history to public forums is a good idea or not.....

2. No one cares

TooEffingOld, gaussian and cvds16 like this.
  3. by looking at someone's open and close trade history can help gather the general ideas, but i do not think someone can completely reverse engineer the trading strategy. I know someone who is very consistent future emini day trader, posts his trading time stamp regularly on the web sometimes with his own analysis of the logic behind his trades. he has done this over a decade on a site with more than 10k members, still it looks like no one can trade in his way, even though he trades based on support and resistance, trend analysis, all classic trading method.

VPhantom, trader99 and heispark like this.
  4. Yes

LS1Z28, LargeTrader and d08 like this.
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

if there are infinite ways to create an "edge" then no

6. zdreg

zdreg

Announce your edge in the Wall Street Journal No one will care.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    orbit23 and Nobert like this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Especially, if for premium, the same person would offer a course, for even better edge.

8. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

Richard Dennis

9. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

It is possible only if the system inputs are known.

S-Trader likes this.
  10. As others have said, yeah nobody cares. But if the system was vary simple i.e. RSI, Fib retracements, Bollinger, etc. you could probably get close to what they were doing. Add a few more variables? Then fuggettaboutdit.

#10     Nov 6, 2019
    globalarbtrader and tommcginnis like this.