Reversal Patterns

Discussion in 'Journals' started by gartley222, Jan 23, 2005.

1. If the bullish Gartley fails, I will expect a bounce off of the Wolfe Wave. It will/Should bounce off of the line drawn from point 1&4.

• cse.jpg
      File size:
      62.8 KB
      Views:
    #11     Jan 29, 2005
  2. Gart my man. Why do you persist in drawing such short term charts? The smart bet would be express elevator to hell looking at the attached daily chart.

• cse.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    #12     Jan 29, 2005
  3. Regarding CYC, it wants to go back and test the breakout around 710. If it fails, THEN it will be bullish. Before that its's bullshit.

• cyc.jpg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
    #13     Jan 29, 2005

4. I know. I said in my post, if the Gartley pattern fails the next target is based off of a wolfe wave. It would hit the line drawn from point 1-4, which would be around $22 and change. My chart also starts from Sept. like your chart.

#14     Jan 29, 2005
  5. UTY? A tougher call. I wouldn't count it out yet. Until you get a clear FTT, I wouldn't short it.

• uty.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    #15     Jan 29, 2005
  6. Thanks for the posts, I enjoy the perspectives.

#16     Jan 29, 2005
  7. Of course all my posts are bullshit. Total guesses. But my point is that it is wise to look at the longest timeframe in which it is possible to identify a clear trend, whether that is days or minutes. Go as far back as you have to to draw a trend. Not saying you shouldn't trade short term trends, fuck, my longest day trades are in minutes, but at least give yourself a longer perspective. IMO it is absolutely essential if you are making decisions on trades you want to last for months, like 401K decisions.

#17     Jan 30, 2005
  8. Thank you very much for the insite. Here is a looooong term chart for you on Wallgreens. Looks bearish to me. Also I dont think your Charts are Bullshit........They have done very well on your post old possum............

• wag2.jpg
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
    #18     Jan 30, 2005
  9. Not THAT long, haha! This is totally fucking amazing. My 1 day chart I would interpret as bullish because of the "failed" FTT in August '04 and the BO from the recent consolidation. I would bet on a BO of the upper channel line, haha! Tea leaves! Chicken bones!

• wag.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
    #19     Jan 30, 2005
  10. YOu would have said the same thing back in OCT/NOV of an upward break. The upper channel is clearly showing the resistance. For it to double top and break down through 40 by march is clearly reasonable

#20     Jan 30, 2005