Reversal of the dollar

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

With respect to trading, it is extremely important to realize that the US is for now in much worse shape economically then many other parts of the world. So while you may be experiencing a downturn in the US that many Americans are unfamiliar with, multinationals are doing very well in the current world economy. This fact alone would explain why many Americans don't understand the current stock market.

I fully expect the US will find a way to address its problems. I would suggest higher taxes ( particularily on the wealthy ) and requiring some of those multinationals to share the wealth with your people ( for example, hiring Americans ) is part of the solution. Less military spending, universal health care, better education standards, and throwing less people in jail might help.

I'm not sure if there is the political willpower to get things done, but Obama's government is doing a massively better job then anything George W. could ever dream of doing.

#21     May 8, 2011
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

360 degree turnaround. Sounds like a pipe dream to me.

#22     May 8, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

"It is possible to see EURUSD at 1 in a matter of a few days. Remember the collapse of the Pound that made Soros rich(er)?
    very unlikely the Euro would move anywhere near what u are suggesting. remember we are talking about 2 garbage currencies.

"
    By leveraging the value of his fund, Soros was able to take a $10 billion short position on the pound, which earned him US$1 billion. This trade is considered one of the greatest trades of all time."
    that was a 10% change in the value of the BP which is not even close to the value you are suggesting as a change in the euro.

#23     May 8, 2011