Revenge of the SIF

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Actually,

The concept of a train moving down the tracks was meant to present the idea that there are precursors to price movement, and that thinking of indicators as though they were extensions of the five senses might help traders trying to work in a difficult seasonal environment.

The chart shows those who are capable of abstract thought a couple of ways of characterizing the market. Those alternatives include pivots, gaps, standard indicators like MACD and Stochastic, Volume and a last method that I call the DDF.

Instead of reading the post and evaluating the ideas, you have posted worthless bullshit that doesn't help any of us to trade better. You find fault with the analogy, but you haven't offered anything better. Frankly I couldn't give a shit less what you think, since you don't seem capable of carrying on an intelligent discussion on the subject.

Steve

#31     Aug 14, 2005
  2. Guys like you just make me laugh with all your self righteousness.

You come into this post telling everyone that they are stupid for NOT having the self whereabouts to trade RIGHT.

Then you go on about just how smart you are and how YOU don't make these kinds of errors and how the traders that do are just too lazy or not intelligent enough to figure things out!

I hope that makes you feel better about what a big man you are because it does NOTHING to help those that may be struggling.

I'm really happy for you that your a success (so u say) but unless you are going to give others SPECIFIC help and direction then I suggest you just keep quite or go look in a mirror for a few hours and tell yourself how wonderful you are because these posts your making are only self serving and are really NOT helping anyone else.

Sorry I don't mean to be harsh but too many traders in ET are all attitude and no substance.

This forum should be about SHARING and traders helping traders NOT about how BIG a man someone is because they are so much better a trader then others.

If your going to offer SPECIFIC help ie: exactly what you do, then great, if not ..... we don't really care how smart you are.

#32     Aug 14, 2005
  3. Hello:

I haven't called YOU "Stupid" but based on this post, one can't help but think that the possibility exists.

I don't know what the "self whereabouts" means. What I have said is that this job (trading) is difficult, and that to make a living, I advise people to obtain good professional training.

I havent "gone on" about my own status. I hope I am smart enough to make money. For me that is all that counts.

I don't make rookie mistakes much because I have been doing this a while. I am guessing that others who have experience don't either. It costs money.

I do say that people who post here seem to be lazy. Too lazy to read. Too lazy to get an education. Too lazy to get up off their asses and do something to change their lives. What they (you) seem to have time for is to type posts like these. Good choice.

You don't seem happy at all. You seem frustrated and bitter.

I have shared quite a bit. Unfortunately you have not taken the time to search for those posts. In addition, there are a number of others who have posted valuable information that you and other retail traders could use as a basis for improving your situation. But you don't..

Now I am not looking to embarrass you. Maybe you don't have the common sense to be embarrasssed. If I were in your place I would be starting to be embarrassed about now. If you scroll up from this post, you will find my SPECIFIC method on the chart I have posted. Try not to be too embarrassed. As I have SAID, I use this method that includes Pivots, indicators like MACD and Stochastics, EMAS, gaps, etc FOR NEARLY 12 YEARS SUCCESSFULLY.

If instead of posting this crap, you took a moment to look at the chart, you might see something that could help you. I don't want to treat you like a child, but for the moment, you are doing a good impersonation of one.

Just as one example, direct your attention to where the MACD signals a trade (by crossing the signal line, and then the zero line), THEN look at the Stochastic which confirms the cross. Is that fucking specific enough? Notice how I am not calling you stupid. Look at the way that price tests the weekly support at S2, then moves up to test the daily pivot. How specific do you want to get? Should I (or any of us) just give you 10 years of my hard work, or are you willing to do just a little of the same work yourself?

I will bet that chart gets downloaded a lot. There are some people out there who don't post much, but are eager to learn. When they see someone with experience put a chart out, they study it and try to make use of the information. Not you of course (not specific enough). Then they try to find a context for further study. For those folks I suggest getting John Person's book "Technical Trading Tactics" published by Wiley. For those who might want to learn how to use MACD or Stochastics properly, you could go buy Mark Etzkorn's book "Trading With Oscillators" published by Wiley. Of course you have to read it, and think about it, and apparently for some it is too much to ask.

I think I am done here. What a pleasure responding to your post.

Steve

#33     Aug 14, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

I have a few comments:

1) Lefty/Steve at times you can come off a litte bit harsh.
    2) Maybe some have not had the training you have had. Also, it may not be possible for them to get that training.
    3) The moves on Thursday/Friday were not out of the ordinary in my opinion.
    4) I personally like your posts. You have been in the business for a long time now and I enjoy reading experienced traders outlook on the markets.

That's all I want to say. Anymore and you might verbally tear my head off toooo :D

Have a good Sunday everyone.
    ozzy

#34     Aug 14, 2005
  5. "That's all I want to say. Anymore and you might verbally tear my head off toooo"

Not much chance of that.

You know it seems to me that you are one of the folks who are willing to work at this. I think eventually you will find a way to get to your goal. One cant help but admire that.

Good luck

#35     Aug 14, 2005
  6. Blah blah blah just more self righteousness!

Look either start a journal and show people EXACTLY what your doing or keep quite!

If you are willing to do that, then you have the right to critique and be critiqued.

If your going to dish it out be prepared to take it and just saying that you are successful for the last 12 years doesn't mean diddly to me.

I've been in this business of over 22 yrs. now but I don't want to be a hypocrite so I wont gloat on that! :)

#36     Aug 14, 2005
  7. bush as darth sith

#37     Aug 14, 2005
  8. Samson

Based on your comments and lack of expertise,

I am pretty sure you are a liar and a bullshit artist.

Is that harsh enough for you?

I suggest you ignore my posts.

Steve

#38     Aug 14, 2005

9. LOL

Right back at you !

#39     Aug 14, 2005
  10. Now that I think about it, who gave you the authority to tell anyone of us what to do? After all you are a fucking pretend trader, and apparently one with delusions of grandeur.

As I understand it, the moderator, or Baron, will decide what can or cannot be posted here. I will trust them to use their best judgement as to what I can and cannot post. Youre stunning ignorance is really inspiring!

The rest of us are still waiting for your first contribution to the thread. Lets hear you say something that moves our understanding forward on this subject at hand. Hey you've been in this business 22 YEARS. Man you should have no problem explaining what happened on Thursday. Also we are waiting for the details of YOUR trading plan. Naturally you will want to post it so that we can all SHARE it. After 22 years, it must be a hell of a plan!!

I can't wait.

Steve

#40     Aug 14, 2005