Revealed! The PERSONAL FINANCES of a Real Trading Guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Hey Brandon, glad to hear you are feeling better these days. On your website it says that you have been a personal finance coach since 1998, but that you also started trading in '98. What were you coaching back then?

#51     Dec 15, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That was just my free Yahoo club where I told people what I was doing. I was not charging for anything at that time, it's just telling how long I've been on the net.

#52     Dec 15, 2008
  3. and to add to that

I am glad that you honored us as a community of traders helping traders and shared your story....

after all, when we retail traders seek the isolation of our own offices, whom else do we have to banter with?

since there's no water cooler, and no scuttle butt, like there was in the Marines.....

hoo-rah Brandon, and simpre fi

#53     Dec 15, 2008
  4. i went in for a groin lump a while back that turned out to be an abcess

but before i found out, i had a chance to think about what it's like to go through that - it cant say it really changed me, as i didnt lack empathy for others to begin with, but it did make it more personal

i really wish you well...

#54     Dec 15, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thank you again to all of my friends who have replied to this thread, both in private and public. It appreciate it beyond my capacity to describe it in words.

For those of you who have thought this has been a "marketing" ploy I'm not sure what to tell you. It's been very successful in bringing in page views for Baron, but I doubt if I got more then a handful of email address from it. If I had wanted to advertise you would have had multiple opportunities to visit my site, both in the first post and in the ones that I posted following that. I probably also would not have shown the world my ass.

In the end all I want for is my experience to inspire and warn people. I hope those who are feeling down can be inspired to see that life does go on, and that no matter how bad things look they can turn around. That no matter how bad your situation you still have control over some aspects of it and can make your life better in little ways at a time. In the area's you have no control you do have to just hope for the best, but if you take care of the things you can take care of the best very often happens. Finally I hope it warns people of the dangers of not having any, or enough surgery. I just turned 32 years old a few weeks ago, I never would have thought that going 10 months with "bad" insurance would lead to the terrible financial catastrophe that I lived through. I hope none of you ever have to go through the experience of being told you are dying, and then in the process spending nearly all of your money in order to live. Certainly if I had to do it again I would spend the money, there is no better cause then life! But it's not enjoyable at all. I feel foolish for not having covered myself well enough, and I hope that none of you ever make my mistake.
    All the best
    Brandon

#55     Dec 15, 2008
  6. Unlikely. Very different IPs and hosts.

#56     Dec 15, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Hey Ivan, I've always meant to thank you for your Forex thread. Even though I really am not to active in that market it is one of the best things going on ET. You do a great job and add incredibly to the site. Thank you.

#57     Dec 15, 2008
  8. Didn't take long for this thread to disintegrate.
    I wish you well Brandon. Same thing happened to my brother-in-law a couple years ago. Wiped him out financially. I hate paying the premiums, but you never know.
    Stay strong, stay positive!

#58     Dec 15, 2008
  9. hang in there. Best of luck.

dt98

#59     Dec 15, 2008
  10. speedy recovery.

Good lesson on the insurance. I've been on COBRA for the last 6 months and it has paid for itself numerous times during this period so far.

#60     Dec 15, 2008