Revealed! The PERSONAL FINANCES of a Real Trading Guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Thanks for another quality post Brandon, hopefully the wisdom you impart will help someone avoid some of your travails. Best wishes to you and yours.

#21     Dec 15, 2008
  2. I can only echo what everyone has said here. Best of luck to you, Brandon.

#22     Dec 15, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm not really sure what his plan for universal coverage is so I don't really have a comment on it. I do think that something needs to be done, and I thought that before I became ill. I think that the Swiss model seems to work ok, and in the case of the United States the Insurance companies are very well established and not going to want to let go of the profits they get, so I suspect that if we are going to get universal coverage it would have to come about along that type of model realistically speaking. I do think that we will see it though in our lifetimes as I think that manufacturing concerns are going to start to lobby for it very hard.

Thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. One thing that, in spite of what some think, ET does not lack is kindness and kind people. I have found many on this forum and am very greatful for the friendships I have made.

My health has been improving pretty steadily since late summer. I have continued to trade over the years and it's been profitable and greatly distracting, so really a win win really.

Again thank you to everyone who has contacted me with concern and kindness. It does mean a great deal. The internet is an amazing thing.

#23     Dec 15, 2008
  4. Thank you for sharing your experience. Obviously that is an education not many will get or want to go through. Its an awesome thing to know that you defeated one of the worst demons a human can.

#24     Dec 15, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Wow, that's amazing and thank you for sharing. It's strange to think back on how bleak things looked just half a year ago and how much better I am doing now. Life has many twists.

#25     Dec 15, 2008
  6. Brandon,

We all feel for your plight. I have personally prayed fro you and hope you to a full recovery. But it is still not appropriate to wrap it up in free publicity for past/present websites, plans or blogs.

Especially starting with a title like " Revealed! The PERSONAL FINANCES of a Real Trading Guru"

Several in the past thought you were doing the health problem bit for free publicity, I do not think that is the case.

But still, if you are going to talk about your trading services here or in the future and especially if seeking to build traffic or gain compensation, the proper thing to do is to become a sponsor or if giving it away "free" then to do it within the confines of an ET journal or threads. ET might even give you a discounted rate given your situation.

TOS: 6) Advertisements and solicitations of any kind are strictly prohibited unless you are a paying site sponsor. As a person who does not represent one of our site sponsors, you are not to solicit our members with any type of commercial offer, or advertise your business through your public posts, private messages, profile page, or file attachments. This includes, but is not limited to, posting your phone or fax number(s) and posting any URLs or hyperlinks to your commercial web site(s) or email account(s).

But if you continue, I will n otify the moderators to consider banning your account for violating TOS.

#26     Dec 15, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm sorry that it's come across as trying to advertise. Yes, I have started my blog up again but I do not have plans to start charging for anything. While it's possible that will change, I doubt that it will. After you have gone through what I have gone through your priorities in life change a lot, or at least mine have. In terms of "free publicity", I guess I can see how cynical minds work and even understand it in this day and age..but its been the most miserable and costly "free" thing I've ever gotten in my entire life. I'd much rather it had passed on me and gone to someone who could have at least appreciated it :)

#27     Dec 15, 2008
  8. You are so effing annoying.....

#28     Dec 15, 2008
  9. So? if the rules are bendable, I can think of a few businesses I could start that would make a few bucks with free publicity here. I believe they charge something like $500 a month for people who actually follow the rules - they are called "sponsors.".

And we get an annoying stream of people trying to sneak in mentions of their websites, pretending to be interested potential customers.

If you had been around long enough to see what happened to misc.invest.futures and other (Usenet) communities, it descended into nothing but commercial posts

So if it offends you that some want to see this place succeed and be spamfree, then tough noogies.

#29     Dec 15, 2008
  10. Hey buddy you are the one with the tag of 08. I just think YOU dont add anything of value to other traders. All of your posts are negative and you think traders making 20% a year are gods. You dont trade obviously by your posts. At least learn how to quote properly....and stop using that big gay font. You dont need to personalize each post...

#30     Dec 15, 2008