Revealed! The PERSONAL FINANCES of a Real Trading Guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think it has a lot to do with trading, or at least keeping your career as a trader. Most people who have traded for any amount of time will freely admit that risk control and money managment are among the most important aspects of success in this business. I think that the most important factor that contributed to my success trading was risk control/money mgnt. The problem is that even though I was fanatical about it in my trading, I was not in my personal life. Well, there's ways to lose most of your money that have nothing to do with the market. This applies to health, personal liability etc. Any number of areas that people neglect, and it's like writing naked options...it works when it works, and when it doesnt work it kicks you in the balls.

#111     Dec 21, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Just for you Mr Sushi. - I started trading in Febuary of 1998. By October I was (barely) profitable. I did not know anyone in the world other then myself who was interested in this "daytrading thing" so I started a yahoo club. It was very simple, I just shared my scanning idea's for the day. It grew to several thousand people over the course of about a year. At that point I was approached by Ken Wolff's business partner and they asked me if I had ever thought of making money off the Yahoo group. I never had, didnt even realize that people paid for that type of thing. But they do, and so that started my career as a vendor. The first credit cards I ever ran was in either November or December of 1999, so it was some time between when I started trading, launched the yahoo group and then monitized the whole thing. Hope this helps to clear up the conspirecy for you.

#112     Dec 21, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

Problem is its the child that has the cancer not the wreckless mother.
    It basically comes down to ethics and life and death.Do you choose to let someone die because they cant afford to save their life?Or do you see it as a morally correct gesture to save their life?I cant understand these hmo s that can exclude coverage or treatment based on costs etc.Its nothing less than murder imo.
    As i have said before ifyou cant defend the citizens of your country what is there to defend?A border???

#113     Dec 21, 2008
  4. BINGO!

#114     Dec 21, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Those of you who are so very concerned for the public can rest easy this evening. I have been informed that Special Agent Putztardsky of the Department of Internet Consumer Knowledge (acronym:DICKs). He is investigating with vigor the very suspicious case of a divorced attention whore ex guru with nothing to sell making a post on ET that might be helpful to other (REAL) traders. Please be advised that Putztardsky might need to have a few of the very brave anonymous people in unknown locations using fake names to make claims on the Internet come forward to help him. He is sure that you would say the same thing using your real name, face to face with this dirty guru. Updates to follow. Please prey for Putztardsky's success in putting this very serious matter behind us all so we can have a merry and worry free Christmas.

#115     Dec 21, 2008