Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Americans daily

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tomdavis, Jun 5, 2013.

1. jem

jem

That liberals are no longer protecting us from big govt is my biggest let down. I was on their side on on some issues when I was younger.
    I can understand republicans selling out to business... after all they are pro business. (not that I endorse sell out republicans, I despise them.)

But, why did liberals have to change from classical liberals who were pro freedom and pro liberty... (remember miranda rights) and turn into big govt tools?

Its odd because you liberals think they are in still in the classical liberal tradition... when they are really in working for the totalitarian tradition.

#21     Jun 6, 2013
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Power
    Money
    False sense of security

#22     Jun 6, 2013
  3. Everyone should randomly utter the word Bomb and Allah in their phone calls. This would make it very difficult for them to check everyone.

#23     Jun 6, 2013
  4. wjk

wjk

I remember they did that with the net after some bullshit regarding "keywords" was afoot during the Bubba years (we were being told back then that the NSA didn't really exist...just a conspiracy theory, remember?).

Just the sheer amount of conversations people have with certain words must create a monster backlog at the NSA. Good for gov job creation I suppose.[​IMG]

#24     Jun 6, 2013
  5. achilles28

achilles28

7 major US tech companies opened their servers directly to NSA datamining - Google, MS, yahoo, FB, PalTalk, Skype, Youtube, Apple, AOL.

The NSA is a gigantic blackmailing and corporate espionage operation.

This isn't just phone records. It's phone calls. Content. Everything you say is being recorded. Every internet session, chat logs, emails, pictures, everything is being recorded, cataloged and databased, for future use. The entire system is an electronic dragnet meant to catch dirt on VIP's for future blackmail. That's the system.

The terrorism argument is pure bullshit. The border is wide fucking open. And has been for over a decade.

NSA, FBI secretly mining data from Internet firms...'THEY QUITE LITERALLY CAN WATCH YOUR IDEAS AS YOU TYPE'...
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_print.html

Top secret PRISM program...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

Secret court order requires VERIZON to hand over ALL CALL DATA...
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130606/DA6O4MG03.html

#25     Jun 7, 2013
  6. These aren't liberals, they're radical left facists. I'm liberal. I'm very liberal on most social issues. I think the government should step in when corporations and financial institutions become so corrupt they cause harm to the economy. That's liberal.
    These crazy fucks want to control every single aspect of every single thing we do. Obama is the perfect facist. He's black. Anybody that's critical is a racist. It's the perfect cover.
    He and his goon squad have taken everything that was bad about government and put it on steriods. The oppression of individual rights has gone off the charts. The re-education camps are coming next.
    And what is the media doing? Making excuses. Why? Because they just can't admit to themselve that they were dead wrong about this guy. They just can't admit that they didn't properly investigate him in 08. They have always been useful idiots to some degree, but their inability to admit the mistakes thay have made about Obama has taken them to the vapid moron level of idiocy.
    The new media version of hope and change is now, we hope he changes. He won't!

#26     Jun 7, 2013