reveal your strategy?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by elit, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I agree.

Mark

#41     Nov 6, 2006
  2. Sweet stuff. :)

#42     Nov 6, 2006
  3. Hi elit

One is always adamant about sharing a proprietary system that has worked for them. I am one of those that believe if something is working for you should keep it proprietary. Having said that, I have no problem in sharing the actual signals of a system with other traders. :)

#43     Nov 6, 2006
  4. MRWSM

MRWSM

If you expose your strategy there could easily be more traders on your side of the trade than the other which would cause the mm's to reverse, they have the finger of god after all and will make sure the majority will lose their money.

#44     Nov 6, 2006

5. A good example of that is Woodie sharing his CCI methodology to the "Masses" :)

Goinglite

#45     Nov 6, 2006
  6. It basically boils down to whom your sharing it with, the method itself and what your trading.

There are disadvantage and advantages.

Look at the market seasonal pattern of October through mid-November.

There's an edge there since 1990.

Everybody knows about it...right???

:D :p :D

No rocket science degree needed yet you will find every year lots of traders confused by the bullish price action of October via lots of typical threads at ET as an example why some edges do not lose their edge...

It's overextended

Why is the market going up???

I'm staying with my short position

Like I said, it depends on the edge, discretionary element and the trading instrument your trading.

Yet, if I was using a mechanical system...no way would I share it with anyone.

Mark

#46     Nov 6, 2006
  7. Mark,

I am a believer that what you share with others, you get back in more ways.

I have been sharing my signals www.maxprofitsignals.com for about 7 years on that particular system and for over a decade on other systems. In return I have made wonderful contacts and friends around the globe.

No one should trade anothers system. We should all do our homework. But it is always an advantage to compare results.

all the best

Jason

"Don't ever think the stock market is there to accommodate your thinking!"

#47     Nov 6, 2006
  8. Hi,

The topic of the thread is do you reveal your strategy (discretionary, mechanical et cetera).

Therefore, telling someone when your buying or selling (signal calling) is a lot different than walking over to someone and saying here is the code or rules that generate the trade signals.

Simply, sharing trade signals and sharing trade strategies are two completely different things.

With that said, do you share your strategies???

If you did, do you think your strategy would lose its edge???

Edit: Sorry, I just read your prior post and you said the following...

I am one of those that believe if something is working for you should keep it proprietary.

Therefore, you have answered my questions in that you do not share your system and based upon your website...

It looks like a mechanical system.

Mark

#48     Nov 6, 2006
  9. man

man

don't bother to read the whole thread (sorry), so
    i am probably the tenth to say it: SLIPPAGE!!!

#49     Nov 7, 2006
  10. incorrect. Roulette can be beaten with a martingale system assuming an unlimited bankroll.

#50     Nov 7, 2006