Revamping Hardware, Need advice!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Quiet ButDeadly, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Hi all!

I am doing a total revamp of my systems, and wouldn't mind some techy advice out there! Thanks in advance!

I have 3 Dell 8200 Systems coming with 1 Gig memory.

I want to install 2 to 4 monitors on each computer.

I purchased Samsungs TTF 17 inch flat panel and would like to know what video card ya'll recommend.

Everyone seems so knowledgeable here. I had someone put my systems in before for my home office, and they just aren't doing the job anymore.

Could someone please advise and throw in any more comments if you feel like it.

Thanks!

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Quiet,

You didn't say what operating system your computers will have, but let's assume Win2000 or WinXP. In either case you can run multiple video cards per machine (assuming you have enough PCI slots), and you can either go that route or get one or two dual-cards per machine. All the big names that you've heard of (ATI, Matrox, nVidia) make good cards, ultimately it won't make much difference if you're not using them for gaming. Appian makes a superb multi-monitor card, probably the best, but it's also the most expensive.

3. Thanks for the response Magna.

I'll be running XP. Is there a video card that has a tv tuner, runs flat screen displays, and is also a good candidate for the latest multi-media specs like dvd and gaming? Or is that asking way too much?