Reuters names e-mini S&P ‘flash crash’ seller

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, May 14, 2010.

1. The public has a right to know everything.
    Well, everything except where barry obama was born.

#31     May 15, 2010
  2. Position limits are 100,000 es and 20,000 sp contracts or any combination of the two, ie. 10,000 sp and 50,000 es. That is why I find it hard to believe that one $30 billion fund uses 3/4 of it's poisiton limit as a "hedge" and one they were placing all at once at that.

#32     May 15, 2010
  3. You are overestimating the intelligence of managed $ operators.

#33     May 15, 2010
  4. Bullshit!!! 75k in the eminis, haha, what a crock of shit. What about the SP volume? The ES can gobble up 75k contracts like a whale eats sardines. The real reason for the meltdown has to do with GS, JPM, MS, and BAC. They make the market, if they step off and withdraw liquidity, the market can go to zero. Remember the first time TARP was voted down. The market fell 500 points within 30 seconds. It was just like this meltdown.

Right before this meltdown began, UBS downgraded GS. At the same time congress was about to vote on auditing the fed. Guess what, congress swiftly voted against it. Then the SEC settled with GS for 5 billion.

75k ES contracts caused the meltdown, hahahah, take a flying fuck.

#34     May 15, 2010
  5. I think you have the correct analysis. And I also think nothing will be done.

Amuses me to no end when supposed traders postulate the markets are "free and efficient" or these markets have no manipulation because they are after all supposed "pristine venues operated by men of good faith". Ah the stupid. Gotta love 'em.:D

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601010&sid=a6cZyS0VsZws

After 100 shares of Procter & Gamble Co. crossed at $56.32 on the NYSE just before 2:46 p.m. on May 6, no trades in the largest U.S. consumer products maker occurred on the Big Board until almost 2:48 p.m., data compiled by Bloomberg show. The stock fell as low as $39.37 as 100-share lots cascaded through electronic exchanges such as Kansas City-based Bats, Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. in New York and Jersey City, New Jersey-based National Stock Exchange.

#35     May 15, 2010
  6. ammo

ammo

waddel and reed,martha stewart of 2010

#36     May 15, 2010
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

You're right if you mean that it would be done with difficulty. Whales only eat plankton, sardines are hard to digest for them.

#37     May 15, 2010
  8. It has to do with the regulation that was passed the night before. I'll post it later today.

#38     May 15, 2010
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

Money makes the world go round, congress learned a lesson.

#39     May 15, 2010
  10. Why are you quoting this person?

#40     May 15, 2010