Reuters: Major Hedge Fund collapsed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by capmac, Aug 16, 2007.

1. una11

una11

LOL, thank you Moody's for that excellent analysis

#11     Aug 16, 2007
  2. got fiance's coworker runs a hedgefund (20 mil i think) and she told me he's been getting very worried past couple days, guessing he is cause half of his funds are in derivatives

#12     Aug 16, 2007
  3. Anyone watching copper SEP07? -8.4% definitely "looks" like forced liquidation just by looking at price action.

#13     Aug 16, 2007
  4. so we should pity for them?

#14     Aug 16, 2007
  5. Sponger

Sponger

It ain't ET doin' all the sellin' :p :p :p

Of COURSE its hedge funds, as well as any and all money management firms that are unwinding - they control all of the assets, duh. And there will be implosions a plenty.

Song playing "Let the bodies hit the floor", and think of that scene in "V for Vendetta" where "V" sets off a chain reaction with one tip of a single dominoe..........and they cascade into the giant pattern.....

#15     Aug 16, 2007
  6. Bob111

Bob111

another song will fit very well too-

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire,
    We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn,
    Burn motherfucker burn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8h7lQ32zpo

#16     Aug 16, 2007
  7. pdwst33

pdwst33

It must be Stock Trader's long only fund liquidating....

#17     Aug 16, 2007
  8. Sponger

Sponger

Liquidation at hand, and I don't think we've even seen the real start of it - there is a potential for momentum to cause a snowballing effect worse than this.

#18     Aug 16, 2007
  9. ya know, when hedge funds go bust because the market dropped 9% in a month (and the market is barely down ytd), you know the fund managers arent qualified for shit to invest money.

i read these articles with much delight.

#19     Aug 16, 2007
  10. Sponger

Sponger

I swear I remember one fund bucking the 2 and 20 fee structure and doing something crazy like 4 and 40 - hey, no one puts a gun to the buyers' heads:p

#20     Aug 16, 2007