Reuniting Parents and Children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Jun 21, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I don't know how accurate this is, you hear so much, but they are saying that some of these kids may never be able to re-unite with their parents. Some of the parents have already been deported, but their children, many of whom are too young to even speak, are still here.

Given the legendary bureaucratic ineptitude's of cross agency coordination, especially when this mess fell in their lap out of the blue, I can certainly see how this could become a huge problem with real world victims. I (rightfully) get the sense nobody knows which hand is washing the other here. Government paucity at its best. (did I use that word right? :D)

So politics aside... if I were CEO of Ancestry or 23andMe... I would take this opportunity to pony up my company's services for free. Until we can figure this mess out, offering DNA services to those parents (wherever they are now) whose children have been taken from them and taking DNA samples from all the kids that are allegedly scattered all across the country seems to me a worthwhile philanthropic proffering... not to mention (albeit self serving lol)... a brilliant marketing coup with all the free press they'll get.

I'll work on it....My little contribution to the cause.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    TRS and Cuddles like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

I've been thinking about it the last two days. Many of these kids don't even have birth certificates, and the government can't, in good conscience, release them to strangers. DNA is the only way to confirm consanguinity. The problem is that most weren't deported to Mexico, but rather their country of origin.

The other thing is the parents may be desperate enough for their well being, that they'll forego their guardianship, that they realize the kids are now under uncle sam's wing, meaning free pass to all the benefits and American way of life. I don't think the conditions have reached that point in central America however. Most likely is that they end up being w/their extended family in the states w/a free pass.

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

We have no idea what the future holds for these kids, or their parents, or anything. 20 years from now who knows what will happen. And its like you said... birth certificates etc and proving familial rights is going to be a nightmare going forward that these jug-heads aren't even thinking about right now.

We have the technology. They are stupid if they're not using it. It will prevent a myriad of issues down the road. And save a lot of dollars. But like I said, they are too stupid to think about this right now. Thats why a CEO needs to step in now and offer to help.

TRS likes this.