Returns and Drawdowns in Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tyrant, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Most members of Elite trader don't make money in this market. Or they make very little money, which is why you see alot of negative responses.

As for me, I will make over 200% percent if i put $100k into a pro firm. As a matter of fact, I am up 3.5 times more than your initial $100k. You need to be discipline and know what you are doing in this market.

I think this market is great for trading. Anyone who is not making should reevaluate their trading style. My friends and colleagues are making over 200% return having only $60k in their accounts.

#11     Jun 19, 2006
  2. sizetrader

I admit it then...I only make 36-84% per year....But I betcha my drawdown of under 1% most of the time, blows your stats away...

#12     Jun 19, 2006
  3. I assume a 1% dd means you could trade 10-20:1 and get 84% * 10-20:1 return. 20 times on your money every year?

Perhaps you should sign up for the U.S Trading Championships.

#13     Jun 19, 2006
  4. I scale in and start small and can end up at 50:1 leverage in Retail Spot Forex. I cannot change the way I scale in and corner the hedged trade. It's sort of like an arbitration and it always comes back in.

I am still building my track record and I compete with myself.

I do not want to mislead. I scalp and go flat in between each scalp. While in the trade I have seen 8% drawdown not realized once, but most of the time it is under 1%. I have had four losing days in the last 2 months of trading.

Due to an error I took a huge loss one day...which represented like 4% drawdown...banked...

Michael B.

#14     Jun 19, 2006
  5. "Most of the time!" :D

How about some other times! :confused:

#15     Jun 19, 2006
  6. 8% trollman...

How about congrats or good trading to you...

All I get from you is just another scowling face...

#16     Jun 19, 2006
  7. Good luck to your dream of OPM! :)

#17     Jun 19, 2006
  8. Forget it....I have...

Do you see me trolling for it latley?

I am trading my own money...

Actions speak louder than words or scowling faces that you are so famous for here......

Michael B.

#18     Jun 19, 2006
  9. answering percent return and drawdown information is useless for you to know. from anyone. you would listen to me if i (someone anonymous to you) say that i make X% a year with Y% drawdown? that is foolish. Listen to the words of the people who post here, don't give credibility to their words based on a 'fact' that you can not verify. DO examine approaches to the market of others for yourself. (there are surprisingly few given the size of ET). That's the best you can do.

i'm sorry you see that my advice is not useful. that's ok.

investigate the volume and price relationship. if you want.

#19     Jun 19, 2006
  10. Could you elaborate?

#20     Jun 19, 2006