Return To Reality

Discussion in 'Journals' started by baggerlord, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes AUD/USD. Shorted below yesterdays low. Failed reversal pattern.

#21     Nov 2, 2011
  2. Shanb

Shanb

Did you have your stop above the high of the prior bar and is this off of a monthly A-down?

#22     Nov 5, 2011
  3. Basically yes, but don't have a hard stop. If I get a bad daily close will close it manually. If I wasnt trading tiny size I would have a hard stop.

#23     Nov 5, 2011
  4. I'm going to post some figures here so I don't lose them. If you are curious they are the amounts in pips that contain the listed % of big and small moves from the open in each period.

Monthly:

Small
    50% 80 pips
    80% 150
    90% 220

Big
    50% 314
    80% 646
    90% 812

Weekly:

Small
    50% 44
    80% 78
    90% 105

Big
    50% 158
    80% 250
    90% 320

Daily:

Small
    50% 19
    80% 37
    90% 52

Big
    Small
    50% 73
    80% 120
    90% 160

#24     Nov 6, 2011
  5. In retrospect I am not happy with my entry. I misunderstood the statistics I was running. I placed too much weight on the average when in reality the average doesn't mean much. It is the distribution that counts. I should have gotten in at a much better price. But there is nothing to indicate closing this position for now. That is why I am trading small because quite frankly don't really care what this trade does. I am much more interested in the math and theory.

#25     Nov 6, 2011
  6. gmst

gmst

+1 very good post.

#26     Nov 6, 2011
  7. Out at 1.0110.

Again botched the entry, but feel this is the right exit. Will post full analysis tonight.

#27     Nov 10, 2011
  8. Shanb

Shanb

How's everything going?

#28     Nov 11, 2011
  9. Good, haven't done any trades since that one I closed. Kind of busy at work, trying to get promoted next month and doing some prep for the sf course. Hoping to run some more stats tomorrow if I have time.

#29     Nov 11, 2011
  10. usrx201

usrx201

I don't understand why one needs 100k + expenses. I have a college degree, went to work in the computer field and have had to get by as a single person on $40k salary for years. I get by with no cable, living close to work and sometimes riding a bike, and getting food and cleaning supplies from walmart and 99c store. I did not start trading or learning to trade until my mid-thirties. I've always rented and have stayed out of debt. I use the same clothes year after year. I put together a working MAC osx clone out of older pc computer parts and an OSX disk.

Unless one has a specific lifestyle needing 100k. Or has a family and house to pay off.

Gaining profits from trading has only added to my income sometimes exceeding it by a monthly basis. Keeping a savings pool along with a trading account I don't see what the problem is making a living on trading if one is able to. My dreams of a robust career in my field are pretty much gone with all the outsourcing and betrayal of the middle class by the 1% wealth controlled government. Trading is still a possible means to make it big to accumulate capital to start a business in the future instead of working for someone else for peanuts in today's employer's market.

#30     Nov 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.