Retrieve IB's option model price

Discussion in 'App Development' started by mj2991, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mj2991

mj2991

In Interactive Brokers' Option Trader, you can right click, go to options, select "model" and then a new column is displayed showing the model estimated price of each option.

I can't find any way in the documentation to get this model through the API, does anyone know if it's possible? If it's not, is there another software API that has a model price? Thanks

2. Surgo

Surgo

I hate to tell you this but it's just another way TWS is halfway great, halfway awful. All the information is there, but it's not exposed in any fashion that would be useful.

I've been at this song and dance with TWS countless times now and I hope some day soon there's a viable competitor.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

There are "viable competitor" for much of their business right now. We focus on US listed equities, options and futures.

Bob

4. Surgo

Surgo

I don't have the documentation on hand anymore, but when I was examining it I don't recall being able to do the equivalent of what the OP asked through the Lightspeed API either.

However, I cannot find any public documentation for the Lightspeed Trader API so I cannot verify this.

5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Lightspeed Trader API doesn't do options. I was commenting on your statement, "I hope some day soon there's a viable competitor"-(To IB). The LST API only offer equity trading, but the platform does do options for manual trading.

We are a viable competitor for much of their business. By the way, we also offer Sterling Trader Pro, RealTick, WEX and Silexx that all offer APIs. Many of my clients were IB clients and moved over to us and use Realtick or Sterling Trader.

6. Surgo

Surgo

Robert, what is the monthly cost for Silexx at Lightspeed and is it eligible for rebates via commissions spent like Sterling Trader is? I don't see it on the platform comparison page. Though I was able to find plenty of information on some point-of-sale terminals from a similarly named company :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Silexx has three versions. $200/month (Basic), $400/month(Pro) and $600/month if you add the API.

We own the Lightspeed Trader and the Sterling Trader Pro, so we can subsidize them. We don't cover the cost of platforms where we have to pay for them, we pass all costs to our clients but offer very aggressive rates for an institutional service.

Why don't you send me an email with your contact information and I'll learn more about what you are doing, then I can make a recommendation. I'm in early each day if you want to talk before the open.

Bob

8. d0rian

d0rian

In the Excel DDE API documentation here, it lists one of the available values you can query as "modelPrice", which appears to be exactly what you're looking for, no? I haven't tried it yet but I use the other available values on that page so I don't see why it wouldn't. No clue as to non-DDE APIs as it's the only one I use.

9. d0rian

d0rian

Just confirming that I tested it, and the modelPrice does indeed pull in what you're looking for (at least via the DDE API). gl