Retiring from trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bestfriend, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Savings account interest rate are now 4.75%

CDs are now @ around 5.5%

soon to be 6-7%

There will be so much money for the people who are liquid ,

Lock them in 7% @ 10 years .

Who needs the S&P when CDs guarantee the return with 0 risk.

Life will not get better then higher interest rates.

#31     Feb 12, 2006
  2. 10 million dollars...(I used to think 1 million and have recently revised it as I want to retire early...1 million won't do jack)

#32     Feb 12, 2006
  3. At least 1.0mil per year post tax.

One simply must have the means to party and travel at will. And I don't have any kids. Can't even calculate what the NPV of that drag must be.

#33     Feb 12, 2006
  4. AgaHill

AgaHill

Thanks for clearing THAT up

#34     Feb 12, 2006
  5. duard

duard

"Ahem...Well, don't you think we should maybe ask for *more* than a million dollars? A million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days. Virtucon alone makes over nine billion dollars a year!"
    Dr. Evil: "Really?"
    No.2: "Mm-hmm."
    Dr. Evil: "That's a number. Okay then. We hold the world ransom for.....One hundred..BILLION DOLLARS!!"

#35     Feb 12, 2006
  6. AgaHill

AgaHill

:p

#36     Feb 12, 2006
  7. Banjo

Banjo

You need to reveal more information, how old are the kids, are you renting or paying a mortagage off. Location dictates a lot. Private schools can be from 2k to 20 k per kid. All that aside the world has begun a huge shift, prolly a 20 yr adjustment phase. Population shifts, hedgemony shifts, wealth shifts, power shifts, there is no way to know or predict how it shakes out. That is and will be refected in the mkts, volatility is the reflection of the uncertainty. It will be a scary/ uncertain time for most imo and I wouldn't retire now unless I had to as economic prediction will be close to impossible.

#37     Feb 12, 2006