Retirement for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TKOtrader, Nov 12, 2002.

1. In trading you make it or you don't . It's black or white! And if you make it you don't think about retirement , because you have to love the game to get that far.

#31     Nov 13, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

I'll disagree. Once you reach a certain level you can do it for the enjoyment but there may be bigger and better things out there for some. I love what I do and I've got a number of challenges/goals (not monetary - that's a side benefit when overcoming your challenges and achieving your goals) that keep me motivated and going forward. However, if or when I lose that motivation, I'll do my firm the favor and retire. I'll pack up, return to the states, spend more time with my kids/wife and probably give something back via teaching, volunteer work etc. There is no black and white.

#32     Nov 13, 2002
  3. The black and white part is about the part of making it as a trader financially or not( trading full time) , and not about the rest of the things you do in your life or like to do. But what i tried to say was that you can never make it if you don't love the game and only think about financial goals you trie to achieve and when you can quit trading(retire).

By the way I am a market maker in options( The Netherlands) so if anybody has a question on this subject feel free to ask.

#33     Nov 13, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

That I will agree with.

#34     Nov 13, 2002
  5. I am glad you agree on that DEF:)

#35     Nov 13, 2002
  6. dylan

dylan

Just depends on what category of traders you belong to.

#36     Nov 13, 2002
  7. To what category do you belong to Dylan?

#37     Nov 13, 2002
  8. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

OldTrader, I've been trying to catch up with you from a few threads back. I have identified several Seniors Afternoon Bowling Leagues in your area! Would you like me pass on the specifics?

#38     Nov 13, 2002
  9. LMAO @ johnqpublic:D

#39     Nov 13, 2002
  10. What do you do for a living son? You seem to have plenty of time on your hands to pimp people, and in general make a bunch of mindless posts throughout the day.

Why don't you try to do something productive with your life other than entertain the other idiots that find you amusing? Why don't you get a job, make a little dough, and perhaps when you've got a few thousand try your hand at trading? Anything has to be better than wasting your time posting shit that no one could care less about.

OldTrader

#40     Nov 13, 2002