Retiree Ponzi Scheme $16 Trillion Short: Laurence Kotlikoff

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ptrjon, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ptrjon

ptrjon

Free Thinker, as you know, you're in the company of many people who disagree with you. It seems like you just want to be hostile, and the solutions you provide are not well thought out and they bring harm to others. While you may find it appropriate for the "wealthy" to have 6% of their salaries go to the poor and only the poor- this is ultimately something that would need to be voted on, and it would be voted down.

While your ideas are welcome, yelling them and insulting those who disagree accomplishes nothing. Also, your statement that social security is one of the best programs of our government- is an opinion, not a fact. I think there's plenty of evidence that shows that your opinion is flat out wrong- but you seem closed to such discussion.

#11     Aug 25, 2010
  2. yes i am hostile to outright stupidity.

#12     Aug 25, 2010
  3. Leftists support and emote for what they want and what they like... unfortunately, their brains are on greedy lockdown.

Leftists, Progressives, Democrats...should all (1) take responsibility for their own lives, (b) leave the country.. maybe Venezuela would be to their liking... you know, have Hugo Chavez run their lives, or (c) do REAL AND HONEST Americans a favor... and commit suicide. American doesn't want them. America doesn't need them. They are government tit-sucking parasites of no redeeming social nor economic value.

:mad: :mad:

#13     Aug 25, 2010
  4. jem

jem

then you should be hostile to the idea that we can just keep spending money we do not have.

why should our kids suffer while baby boomers elect poltiicans who will suck the life out of our kids futures? Boomers are about to become vampires. For the first time in their lives we need to instill discipline.

you can't get what you want when you want it and not work for it.

#14     Aug 25, 2010
  5. Let me correct you. Find me JUST ONE Boomer who ever said, "give me something, and charge it to my kids and grandkids"... and I will KISS YOUR ASS ON THE STEPS OF THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL!!

Pot-licking politicos are the problem... always offering to spend other people's money to give benefits.. UNSOLICITED... in exchange for votes. The Boomers are not the culprit here... Please, get you HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND TRY USING YOU BRAIN ONE TIME...

I understand the animosity of the generations behind the Boomers... but the Boomers are NOT the problem.. it's the greedy, lying, scum sucking politiocos... The Boomers were FORCED into paying into the Social Security and Medicare scams (Hell, I tried to opt out, to no avail)... The Boomers are expecting nothing more than what was "politically promised". You've got a legitimate bitch... but it ain't with the Boomers... it's with the A-holes YOU probably elected...

:mad: :mad:

#15     Aug 25, 2010
  6. what is the alternative? kick granny out in the street? do i have to repeat myself so you get it? ss problems are easily fixed. treat is as an insurance program and means test it.
    medicare is the real problem and that is mostly because we will spend 300k in the last year of a persons life to keep them alive. we need a serious talk about cost benifit for dying medicare patients. the problem is if sombody tries to use logic the fricking republicans scream "death panels".

#16     Aug 25, 2010
  7. ptrjon

ptrjon

My uncle said this.

I'll see ya there this saturday at 11:30am. You may want to bring mouthwash.

#17     Aug 25, 2010
  8. ptrjon

ptrjon

How conservative of you.

#18     Aug 25, 2010
  9. it is the conservative morons like palin who will scream "death panel"if someone
    wants to talk about this.

#19     Aug 25, 2010
  10. ptrjon

ptrjon

Wow, everything is so cut and dry for you, isn't it?

You're either For the entire bill or Against it. Republicans are against it, and they're protecting the American people.

#20     Aug 25, 2010