Retailers will close 12,000 stores in 2009

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Dec 29, 2008.

1. A Double Whammy as they say.

Most retailer, big & small, are going bye bye. There is a new "for rent" sign on a commercial space in NYC everyday. You can even pinpoint the next shops to go. This is happening across the country too.

Don't be surprised to see empty strip malls everywhere. Commercial is badly overbuilt & overpriced. Retailers are the first shoe to drop.

#21     Jan 16, 2009
  2. I assume you want some kind of a trophy and a plaque?

OH SNAP!

I found something

Thunderdog's super fitness video

#22     Jan 16, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Think about this, with nearly every consumer hoarding money this will only hurt retailers more going foward. I think 12,000 is on the low end of the prediction. Aside from that the other problem is going to be GDP growth, as the consumer slows down their spending habits GDP will take years before it gets back to 3-4%, without the consumers you can be sure that 1% of GDP will be hurt from this probably for the next 5-10 years.

#23     Jan 16, 2009
  4. No, a simple apology will do. And judging by your posts in the political forum, you're certainly simple enough to make that kind of an apology...

#24     Jan 16, 2009
  5. I didn't know there was a blow up doll wii game.

#25     Jan 16, 2009
  6. Evidently suitable for grappling, according to Anaconda.

#26     Jan 16, 2009
  7. #27     Jan 16, 2009
  8. :D

#28     Jan 16, 2009
  9. There isn't, so I guess you'll have to keep playing with the old school one. Not like you could afford a Wii accessory, let alone the console.

P.S. How is your blow up girlfriend anyway? Is she jealous of your mistress aka your right hand?

#29     Jan 16, 2009
  10. LOL funny coming from someone whose eyes are wide open & brain fully embraced while watching the political threatre production.

It's one thing if you have no clue what is happening just because you do not know. It's another if you choose to stay clueless. I would wish you luck for the future, but what's the point, you'll just waste it.

#30     Jan 16, 2009