Retail traders are obviously LOSER, Henry Blodget's articles ALL suggest so!!!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kitty1996, Apr 15, 2010.

1. That's funny, I am not down 25% over the last 10 years. A low-cost tax-efficient index fund has done worse than incinerating 10% of your net worth and keeping the rest under the mattress since 2000.

#11     Apr 17, 2010
  2. "I would love to say I lost this money because I was swindled. Alas, I lost it because, in hindsight, I was a moron."

- Henry Blodget

#12     Apr 17, 2010
  3. timcar

timcar

He says Day-traders are losers and HF traders are winners. WOW !!!

#13     Apr 20, 2010
  4. Wait wait wait...You're telling me Henry Blodget's advice on ANYTHING is credible?

LOL...Good one. :D

#14     Apr 20, 2010
  5. timcar

timcar

Nice thing about being a HF trader is those commission cost; hey not out of your pocket.

#15     Apr 20, 2010
  6. buylo

buylo

The problem is that Henry is jaded, dumb c#nt. Kicked out the industry, hey I'll bash it. His idea of a Day Trader is some schlep hanging out in his underwear trading AAPL with a bunch of lines on his screen for 2 hours and then hitting his mom up for rent money. Although I'm sure it was easier to put buy recs on shittay stocks and profit that way, but I'm sure the poor schmucks who followed him in the internet era are probably out of the industry themselves. As noted on the other thread about this article, Timmay is defending Day Traders! Whew. Chased off the boards here, he's got to peddle his poison else where.

There are many pipedream, dream jobs out there. NBA, NFL, MLB, rockstar, astronaut........If you choose to follow it, give it everything you got. Otherwise it's probably not worth taking. I guess when I met my first locals down at the CBOT were the right type of Day Traders. No free money, it's a job (and a tough one). "Ya gotta love to lose, and then learn from it." said one guy. Floor time / screen time, know what's coming and how to react. Got to love it, wouldn't want it any other way.

#16     Apr 23, 2010