Retail options strategy?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Blue_Bull, Nov 23, 2009.

1. So the time decay i've collected this week has been magnified due to the impending holiday? That Sucks:mad:

If i'm selling wide and deep otm strangles would wouldn't I want the prices to stay where they are?

#11     Nov 24, 2009
  2. That's a good analogy, I always like to say its like taking the money line on florida when they are playing eastjabumbblefuck community college bet a lot to win a little and 5% of the time you can get crushed. I just make sure the delta is always pretty neutral between the calls and puts and if the underlying price gets to close to either end of the strikes I get out of that one and sell an opposite position. I've only been doing a few months so I have no idea what I'm doing yet but it seems pretty easy to pick a 20 - 30 point range the ES will stay in for few days or a week.

#12     Nov 24, 2009
  3. MTE

MTE

Yes, that hissing sound is the long weekend being priced in. :D

And I meant the option prices staying flat not the price of the underlying.

I really find it amazing that you are actually surprised by this! Are you really that naive? I mean, don't you think people would've thought about this already!? If it was this easy everybody would do this.

#13     Nov 24, 2009
  4. MTE

MTE

Sure it's easy when the market is a one way street with no huge selloffs. Go back to Feb-Mar or last year when the SP was moving anywhere from 30 to 100 points in a day and see whether you would be able to close out before blowing up!

#14     Nov 24, 2009
  5. very true that is what stinks about trading the beast is ever changing and once you get use to how things are acting they change.

#15     Nov 24, 2009