Retail Bullets and Single Stock Futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Manrico Scremin, Oct 27, 2002.

1. You can find info on SSF at www.nqlx.com
    IB offers SSF Nov 8th. I personally trade with IB.

#11     Oct 29, 2002
  2. I'm guessing there will be more leverage with SSF's than with the underlying stock?

#12     Oct 29, 2002
  3. shyhh

shyhh

You can check out http://www.onechicago.com which is the other exchange offering SSF.

#13     Oct 29, 2002
  4. HELL'S YEAH!!!

(Good way to keep newer traders out of the business, which is, of course, bad for the rest of us...)

#14     Oct 29, 2002
  5. Good points about trading SSFs but back to the original question: does going long on a stock plus selling SSF contracts add up to a bullet?

Also, would a broker recognize this as a net neutral position from a margin requirements perspective?

#15     Oct 29, 2002
  6. when there are no short sale rule? You can go short an SSF on a downtick, there is no uptick rule, there is therefore no reason to have a bullet, at least none that I can see.

#16     Oct 30, 2002
  7. m22au

m22au

There would be fewer reasons to want to be long a stock and short the SSF of the underlying, but SSFs will only be available for a small number of stocks.

#17     Oct 30, 2002
  8. The bullet is for someone trading the stock. Obviously you won't need a bullet for trading SSFs. There may be still reason for trading stock over SSFs. E.g., the stock has lots of liquity but the SSF doesn't. There may be other reasons for staying with the stock.

#18     Oct 30, 2002
  9. arzoo

arzoo

are bullets only available in prop firms? are there any retail houses offering them?

#19     Oct 31, 2002
  10. babe714

babe714