Resume help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by texas elite, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 2 questions..I have been trading at a prop shop for 3 years now (upon graduating from college) and trying to get a resume together for a really great job opportunity (believe it or now, a "dream job" for me...as much as I love trading, it's the only thing that could pull me away).

Question 1 - What is the best title for my job as a trader? Simply an Equities Trader? Anything fanicer you guys can think of (please take this seriously).

Question 2 - Because I am technically self-employed...would I be better off listing my trading experience under a personal business name (ex... My Last Name Capital Management) and my title as the "President"....or just using the prop shops name?

Thanks in advance, any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. bump

3. Unless you actually had a company (C or S corp, LLC or whatever), don't come up with some name for a company and call yourself the president.

Without knowing what job you are applying for, I would say to make note of your successes as a trader (or whatever you want to call it). Even if not 'that' profitable, call attention to the hundreds of thousands who try to do what you did and failed..but where you have had success.

You are prob entrepreneurial (sp?), self motivated, disciplined, creative/free thinker.. can you work with people?

4. Surdo

Surdo

5. Chief Clicking Officer (CCO)

6. rosy2

rosy2

what was your major?
    where did you go to school?
    SATs?