Restricted: Complex or Leveraged Exchange Traded Product

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cambridgesoho, Jan 13, 2020.

1. I think I have met all requirements

#11     Jan 14, 2020
  2. jwmcadoo

jwmcadoo

I was planning on adding funds but now I will wait until I can find out exactly what is needed.
    Please update should you find the answer. Thank You

#12     Jan 14, 2020
  3. I am contacting their customer service, will let you know what they say.

#13     Jan 14, 2020
  4. jwmcadoo

jwmcadoo

Thanks for quick reply

#14     Jan 14, 2020
  5. def

def Sponsor

I suspect you may have to wait one day after requesting the permissions to allow for processing the "upgrade".

#15     Jan 14, 2020
  6. Thanks, My issue is resolved, you just need to go to your account setting and request the permission, it's not automatically approved. I guess it is new for 2020.

Thanks

#16     Jan 14, 2020
  7. jwmcadoo

jwmcadoo

Good news. The chat room implied as much to me but my current account is not over 100k . I plan on meeting that requirement soon. Thank You for posting.

#17     Jan 14, 2020
  8. barbanera

barbanera

Hi, I have 2 questions with Complex/Leveraged ETPs on IB: how long does it take to process the trading permission request and is the 100k a must?

#18     Jan 15, 2020
  9. For my case, it took two days and I had to contact the customer service to expedite it. Don't know about 100K

#19     Jan 15, 2020
  10. Cybren

Cybren

IB really is the worst ever in client service and communication. We have traded these instruments for years without any issues, then from one moment to the next without any communication disable you. Our algo's just suddenly were not able to execute. We have a full history of trading these so would be normal if they would send you an email outlining all this in advance... IB sucks but they are also kind of the only choice...

#20     Jan 18, 2020