Restaurants remove dining rooms to speed off-site food frenzy

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Banjo, Nov 15, 2019.

1. d08

d08

I wouldn't take advice from the US when it comes to food. It's like taking advice on work ethic from an unemployed slob watching TV and eating cheetos.
    The food coloring I mentioned has been researched plenty and banned in quite a few countries.

#21     Nov 15, 2019
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Interesting perspective. Certainly insightful.
    I like the way you worded #3, spot on.
    #5.... ahhhh.... I don't think that belongs in there G. Stereotyped and oftentimes criticized--- yes, but blamed--- naaaa. And use of the word "everything".... as in "blamed for everything".... never good, sounds a bit victimish. Lots of blame to go around, in fact I'd throw none at your generation really. None that I can think of off-hand that is.

Ya know.... as I look back on so many things.... If I die from Yellow Dye #5 .... I will be one lucky mother f*cker. :cool:

#22     Nov 16, 2019
    gaussian likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Dare you mention Kraft macaroni and cheese...you know the hipsters and millennials will be all over talking how bad that stuff is for you, I mean how many millions of kids were brought up around macaroni and cheese and second hand smoke and they are fine and dandy today....

#23     Nov 16, 2019
  4. [Yawwwwn] Tell me again how your country is more successful than the US?

I call bullshit. Name one where it's banned.

Links to the actual, current government documentation, please. Fanatical beliefs and moronic opinion sites don't count.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    #24     Nov 16, 2019
  5. gaussian

gaussian

I wouldn't be a millennial if I didn't wallow in my own self pity at least a little ;P.

#25     Nov 16, 2019
  6. d08

d08

Reading comprehension. I said related to food. Some of highest rates of obesity in the world, am I wrong? Food in US is typically quite bad, which is interesting considering the consumers' buying power. I'm not surprised people don't eat vegetables as from what I remember they're tasteless, never had that experience anywhere else in the world.

Since you apparently cannot do a simple web search, here you go.
    US FDA which is incredibly relaxed about food safety states:
    "This product contains FD+C Yellow No. 5 (tartrazine) which may cause allergic-type reactions (including bronchial asthma) in certain susceptible persons. Although the overall incidence of FD+C Yellow No. 5 (tartrazine) sensitivity in the general population is low, it is frequently seen in patients who also have aspirin hypersensitivity."

Yellow #6:
    Sunset Yellow FCF was banned or restricted around year 2000 as a food additive in Norway, Finland and Sweden.

#26     Nov 16, 2019
  7. #27     Nov 16, 2019
  8. Mine's fine, thanks. But you need to check your ability to communicate well (extremely low) and your ability to be rational about actual data rather than your beliefs (non-existent.)

And this is a perfect example of what I mean. "Typically quite bad" - what does that actually mean? Food here is more accessible, both in price and availability, and is of better quality on the average, than almost anywhere else in the world. You have yourself listed as living in the Philippines... so you should be the absolutely last guy in the world to throw stones about quality of - pretty much anything.

[​IMG]

(This is what the folks in the Philippines call a "river". The quality of life, food, etc. should be pretty easy to extrapolate.)

Speaking of reading comprehension...

You used the term "banned". Now you're trying to move the gateposts to "may cause", "was banned or restricted", etc. - a shift of several thousand miles. I was quite specific about "actual, current government documentation" - there, I've bolded it for you so you can maybe spot it this time - and you dodged it.

So, are you going to try to lie your way out of it, or simply admit that you don't have a leg to stand on?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    #28     Nov 16, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I'm kinda' bummed out. I had this fun science experiment all set up in my head for people to try at home...How to create neon green poo.

It involved eating Fruity Cheerios for a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was incredible.

I discovered it in year 200"X" when I happened to have a bowl of Lucky Charms twice in a day.

Then the phenomena vanished.

4 years ago I discovered it again when I had said Fruity Cheerios for a whole day. Eat it a LOT, and you get this incredibly cool florescent-green shit in the toilet.

And it all had to do with the blue dye they used in the cereals. Blue #42 it was. It is indigestible and not absorbed by the body, so when it mixed with the bile (which is generally yellow) the liver produces, it would turn the bile (and thus your poos) green.

And it brought me back to my youth. "Little blue and little yellow make green."

It was one of those aha moments that was fun to see in the toilet. Science, bitch!

But I just looked up Fruity Cheerios, and they have gone au natural on colorings also, along with Kraft Mac n Cheese and Lucky Charms.

So unless we can find anything with the blue dye in it, we can't have floro-green shit. Another fun time of our youth lost. All for the sake of "the CHILDREN".

God-damned nanny-state nonsense.

And then I just heard about how Disney keeps tweaking the Greedo/Han Solo scene in Star Wars, to make it seem like Greedo shot first, so Han is firing in self-defense. Now they added Greedo saying a new nonsensical word to make it seem more provocative for self-defense?!? What a cluster. But that is for another thread, heh.

#29     Nov 16, 2019