Research help?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by joe somebody, Sep 26, 2009.

1. The set up:
    I’m a noob all the way. I’ve been trading Forex on a very small account for a couple of years. In that time I’ve only once suffered a major spanking and it was brought on because I got greedy. And it was a biggy. Beyond that set back I’ve made on a small level consistent gains. I need to point out that this is a very small amount over all and nothing near what I imagine most of you deal with. My trading platform is a bucket shop, but for the time being its sufficient and simple for my needs. I don’t have any grand delusions of becoming a millionaire (wouldn’t turn it away though)
    The problem:
    I want to gain a little more control over what I’m doing. I get most of my indicators from my platform. So far so good but I want to start doing more of the research through outside (of the platform) sources. If any of you experienced traders could point me in a few directions it would be greatly appreciated. I’m not asking anyone to mentor or divulge their secrets, should I be looking for info through Barons, or the WSJ? I understand MA’s, EMA’s, and the sort. But I’m seriously lacking in the fundamentals. Any help out there?