Requotes with MT4

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by clambill, Sep 18, 2009.

1. I don't know I never got a requote message from GFT Forex, but with IBFX and their MT4 trading platform (fortunately, just a demo I'm using for now), I get messages saying requote sometimes that slows down my trade execution. What is the purpose of a requote and why would they do this to you?

2. Nevermind. I tempoarily thought I had a "superior" trading platform through GFT Forex until I saw not only a couple of situations where the platform was asking me to confirm whether I wanted to enter an order or not. Today, it flat out did not allow me to rapidly exit a position. It ended up showing my exit order as a separate order and it showed pending. The cancel or edit order thing were grayed out and I could not click on them. Of course, later my order ended up getting filled when the price was favorable for them. Whatever.

It's a good thing I'm not a scalper because those delays/requotes or whatever you call them could eat away at your account including the spreads.

3. If it was in the past hour or so (around US Cons Conf) then I've had the same, slippage on Oanda and requotes on CMC.

Not being able to cancel an order pending a fill or accept/decline a requote sucks!

4. Yeah, when I'm "large" enough to trade through an ECN, that's what I'll do. There's no way this makes any sense.