Requiring info on Saxon or CFT

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by RebateMonkey, Oct 18, 2006.

1. My first time posting here, a little bit introduction of myself: I have been daytrading equities at a prop, making profit regularly. As my name implied, I'm a rebate trader. Unfortunatly, that's all I can do for the moment. Since I have some capital now, I want to learn something new and crazy. I want to learn to trade futures. Although I have an IB account, I don't want to trade alone at home, that's why I'm looking into prop shops for futures.

The two prop shops in my city that I have found so far are Saxon Financials and CFT Financials. Anyway, I use the "search function" and try to dig out as much information as possible about these 2 firms.

They both trade futures. CFT charges about 1500$ deskfee per month and Saxon about 3500$. Both firm promise some sort of trainning. Not too sure about the profit split, maybe 50/50(I get less than that at my current prop, so that won't bother much). Commissions should be lower than IB's, right?

Anyway, does anyone trade at one of these shops currently? If possible, please talk about your experience with them. If anyone has experience with both of them, please talk about the difference between these 2 firms. Are the stuff you are learning from the trainning solid? If you pay that much deskfees, would you consider trading at home one day? If no, why not? I'm trading at a place where the monthly deskfee is only few hundred dollars, I still don't get too comfortable with few thousand dollars as fixed cost every month.

Thank you!

2. So the real answers to this thread is that no one trades at Saxon nor CFT, these 2 prop sux?