Requirements for Reviewing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jsmith, Mar 14, 2002.

1. The problem is you can create a yahoo or hotmail account in 5 minutes under any name you want. I dont see where that will do any good at all.

#11     May 6, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

Baron, this is just a thought, but on Amazon there is the option of checking was this review helpful to you. Is it feasible to build a link with a list of Member Names that found a review helpful. For instance if RTharp and Nitro found something helpful I would give it more creditability and attention than if johhny1post says he found the review helpful. Now of course this could create its own problems, but at some level people have to make there own decisions.

Thanks

#12     May 6, 2002
  3. I was thinking more along the lines of 50 posts as a minimum. But then I thought a time limit might work better because there are some very light volume posters who have lots of good insights. Only those who have been members 1-2 months or more can post reviews, for example.

#13     May 6, 2002
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

In response to the feedback from this thread, changes have been made (again) as to the requirements that must be met for a person to post a broker or software review. From this point forward, software and broker ratings can only be entered by those who have first attained "Member" status by submitting at least 30 posts to the message board. Users who are "Junior Members" ( less than 30 posts) will not be allowed to post ratings. This will prevent users from grabbing a hotmail address and then registering on this site for the sole purpose of posting a bogus review.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

#14     May 7, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks Baron, it's a tricky one to try and find a balance, but the 30-post cutoff seems more than reasonable. At the very least it will eliminate the overwhelming majority of bogus reviews by brand-new members.

#15     May 7, 2002