Requesting a Jack Hershey Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by hypostomus, May 28, 2006.

1. 05-29-06 01:39 PM
    Some advice in green:

Please take my advise: give it a try!

Forget your previous bias, and start again from a neutral bias. Read patiently through Jack's and his followers' posts (it will take months) to get a gradual understanding of their mindset and philosophy. Don't jump to conclusions and backtesting before you intake enough information, because Jack's trading methodology is a non-linear system, a synergetic system: the system's output is much better than the sum of each one of its components.

Do it and you won't regret it! That's what I did.

If you're too anxious, and to incredulous to start this path, than here's a short cut: read patiently Jack's "Channels", "Rockets and Icebergs", "Stop-offset", "Bruno R", and wash and reverse drills. Then practice them for a couple of weeks on daily and 30 minute charts on whatever equities you hear of. Then get back to us with your conclusions!

Do it and you won't regret it!

To this person:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Trader666:

Jack BEGS for comments with his demeanor, writing style, wild unfounded claims, long internet history, etc. Someone living in a cardboard box on the street can access the internet from a public library and claim they're making 4% to 7% a day. So of course there will be opposing views. Last I heard, this is not the Jack Hershey Show. Which makes me wonder... if Jack can trade those numbers, why doesn't he just buy ET and kick out the B Team? I don't know Baron and certainly don't speak for him but bet he'd sell for a mere $50 million... which would be chump change to anyone who really can make 4% to 7% a day.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see I am responding to both of you. 666 thinks I am begging for comments. I do know what comments will follow my posts and how people here will do what they do.

The situation is somewhat different than 666 thinks, perhaps.

666 has done what you request and has gotten his bias from doing it. He did start with a neutral bias and he was "seeking". And he has a referent set of standards. His has checked out just what is possible for a trader to be able to do. It is a very small amount of what is offerred and what is offered is NOT his standard. What he thinks a trader can do is the standard. This is his "facts" and they are what we read as his "opinions".

He feels people who are more than his standard are capable of being "liars" and what they say isn't reality.

Here in this post he simply translates the daily possibility into a picture of a trader pulling down 4 to 7% from stocks daily, every day. We all know that there are records of this sort and they are infrequent.

You ask him to look at the screen and see stuff as a consequence of doing what you suggest. He did the reading, etc. and he can't see it at all as a possibility.

I have a lot of people seeing what is there to see and they also now know that they do not have faciltity to "do what they see." I build bridges with them to get to the other side.

My imprimatur is the bridge.

Below I will explain something. Imagine what would happen if particular people could "get it". 666 can't get it but it makes a good example. Baron can't get it either but he would make a lot of money if he did. Hippo is just going to read it and let it pass as usual.

A company offers a web connection to provide data. Things can be done with the received data.

Over a long time the offerings have changed. As they change the service becomes better and more helpful to people who are using it.

A table can be set up from a blank starting point that has a few default columns. Some people have done this.

A beginner could use this to see what is going on. So may an expert. I do not like how far I can go using the table but I do feel that it is getting better.

I set up the columns and use it. I usually try to be a beta because I know I can input the providers, maybe.

Anyway a change occurs and I incorporate it as best I can for the time being.

I had this:

SYM, last price, net change, volume, 65day av vol, BBid,BBID vol, BASK vol, BASK. 11 columns and I used the triangle (the sort column ID) on the volume since I am wedded to volume as a leading indicator of price.

After the new addition to the site's possibilities, I changed my columns to include the new column.

I have always looked for services that would let me add columns of my choosing especially blank one's that I could put math in.

Since I have traded for over 47 years, i have been around and have done deals with most servicess and gotten special permissions to do some stuff.

How did the described rows work during the day using my sorting column? For each list they work differently according to the purpose of my list.

666 mentions what I do from the library to watch these columns when I come over from my cardboard box where I live on the desert in Tucson.

The advent of the new service element allows me to see the % he has a hardon about in just the right place on the list. We all know it is in the thrird column from the left. But why not place it on a better row as a consequence of some other helper outer.

666 is saying that a person (or him, so far) cannot make 4 to 7% a day day in day out with the capital available. Most people cannot see that a stock is going to do it ahead of time either.

In a couple of paragraphs, I will point out how any person can do both. Making 4 to 7% is easier if you have a list that has the stock listed on it ahead of time and in order of which is best (higher % above lower%).

The newly available column on the service made this possible and practical.

What is it's name? The first word is "unusual". They had a lot of people in mind with this you can bet. It is very close in the dictionary to "unbelievable". I have stamped many people's imaginary foreheads with "unbelievable" as I look at them.

I make a lot of money for Baron and he has the stamp too.

The service thinks that they have come up with something that is "unusual".

It is another one of the things that we are all sure I did not invent; I have just used it since before there were PC's, etc. and now it has shown up on the service,sort of. It was damaged in the packaging apparently.

So I added the column and use it for sorting the rows in place of volume.

Every day it starts at zero in every row.

Then all hell breaks loose. It groups my "owned" stocks in a pile; it puts my "hot" list in a group. And it gets all of the other stocks the hell out of the way. It make my universe of stocks move in two different directions at once as it sorts everything.

So where are these 4 to 7 % stocks on the list. we all know that the ones I own are in a bunch for the 4 to 7% net range per day for price but where are they all clumped on the list? What do the % net look like for the hot list? We all know. They are showing no nets to speak of right now. That is the deal. To buy and then have the BO in price.

So here we all sit. 666 and gerry and chicken , etc. who are not going to use the service, not going to set up the columns, not going to put the sort on the new column. And most of all they are going to continue to not do anything different than what they don't do now to make money.

I find it "unbelievable" than anyone would pass up looking at lists that nail the market every day to group stocks BEFORE they BO. the service names the column "unusal" as the first word. Why? The reason is that the column is UNUSUAL the 666, to gerry to chicken. For me it is finally available years and years late and it is not quite as good as it could be. But it saves me some sweat in teaching people to make money that is for sure.

Attached is one page of a list five pages long(125 stocks give or take). they represent a universe of a person who double capital at the rate calculated by thunderdog. At different times of the day the "hot" stocks are grouped in different places.

Here you see what it is like to have owned these stocks the first day. The red stocks are going 4, 3, ,2, 1 and heading to the trough.

The green stocks have done their day's effort. there are no 4's at the top; there are no 5's at the top (the 5 is at the bottom of page one (5.01); there are some 6's (6.84, 6.46, 6.06); there is a 7 (7.18); and there are some 8's (8.39 , 8.77). What about those exceptions sitting there in green; there are two: 3.38 and 2.10. What do you think they are goiong to do tomorrow?

The stocks that have been there to operate with in the group that came to the top during the day (we knew they were a group, we knew they were moving; we knew this before the price started to move).

This is an application of PRV and it has finally appeared on some services. It is not relative to DU but we can deal with that easily with arithematic on an excel spread sheet.

I handed out, once again, some fish here in this thread started by a jerk. Usually I teach people how to fish if it is still possible. A fishing forum for me here in ET is out of the question as Baron says. Seeing these lists every day ahead of time and explaining over and over how to learn to use them would be crazy.

Et is mostly for people who talk. I do the walk and I usually have come up with the better parts of what is going on that are not seen elsewhere.

when someone calls me a retard I give them an assessment on their performance and talk. Baron counts the score for me. As you can see so far the three score keepers all have come up with different scores. Those who were having the laugh with me, knew the scores would be different and would appear all over the place.

#21     May 29, 2006
  2. cnms2

cnms2

I'm using those to swing trade equity and index options. This is my most recent expectancy calculation.

#22     May 30, 2006
  3. slacker

slacker

Thank you very much. I will go through your thread in more detail.
    All the best! Good trading this week!

#23     May 30, 2006
  4. Without Jack, would ET still exist?

#24     May 30, 2006
  5. Hey cn,

Did you ever understand anything about a "system"?
    How the heck did you ever manage to wring something called "output" out of Jack's non-linear synergetic pixie dust?

BTW, how come you still peddle as an aside that ruminated MM crap? What is its use with Jack's polished non-linear synergistic vaporware?

nononsense :confused:

#25     May 30, 2006
  6. "Vaporware."
    :D

#26     May 30, 2006
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Grob109,

Since you mentioned me several times in your last post, and since you've been on the site for many years, I would like to ask what you think about me, and whether or not you think I'm doing a good job here at ET.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

#27     May 30, 2006
  8. Oh, do you mean to say that the post of his that you quoted on page 2 of this thread was not in connection with this matter?
    :D

#28     May 30, 2006
  9. I revise my question: would Jack exist without ET?

#29     May 30, 2006
  10. Attached is a version of the arithmatic that was done on an excel spread sheet.....

#30     May 30, 2006