Requesting a Jack Hershey Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by hypostomus, May 28, 2006.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I doubt we will be creating a forum for him. The guy may have some interesting stuff for a subset of traders but here is one of his latest posts with all the non-cursewords removed.

That is just over the top and not acceptable behavior.

#11     May 28, 2006
  2. slacker

slacker

You "doubt"? It is a possibility?!?!

Why is Hershey allowed to post this toxic waste if you find the behavior unacceptable?

He has been banned before for similar behavior. Do you expect Hershey to change his behavior in the future? Has benign neglect worked in the past in Hershey dealings?

In open forums that thrive there is a minimal level of acceptable behavior that is not being met here. It is driving away the people who can, and would, contribute to building a place where an open exchange of trading ideas can take place. Where reasonable people can disagree. Where everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

This is a great site, the best trading site on the web. It could be a lot better if you exercise the 'banned' power you have a little more often.

Just my opinion in the feedback thread.

Thank you

#12     May 28, 2006
  3. cnms2

cnms2

I wonder how many of us would behave better than Jack if they were continually assaulted by those to whom they offer their lifework findings for free...

I for one, after getting upset a couple of times, I realized that it's not worth replying to aggressive and rude posts. I just stop replying and reading that poster. If I get out right there it is like a "wash trade", with no or minimal loss for me. :)

#13     May 28, 2006
  4. I think he should get his own forum....that way we can just put the entire forum on "ignore".

Problem solved. :D

#14     May 29, 2006
  5. Domage.

#15     May 29, 2006
  6. I think hes probably trying to get banned. Like a lot of us he is a compulsive poster and wants to quit.:)

#16     May 29, 2006
  7. cnms2

cnms2

That's too bad, a waste. Imagine if others wouldn't provoke him into this useless arguments and he would post only his trading ideas.

#17     May 29, 2006
  8. Jack BEGS for comments with his demeanor, writing style, wild unfounded claims, long internet history, etc. Someone living in a cardboard box on the street can access the internet from a public library and claim they're making 4% to 7% a day. So of course there will be opposing views. Last I heard, this is not the Jack Hershey Show. Which makes me wonder... if Jack can trade those numbers, why doesn't he just buy ET and kick out the B Team? I don't know Baron and certainly don't speak for him but bet he'd sell for a mere $50 million... which would be chump change to anyone who really can make 4% to 7% a day.

#18     May 29, 2006
  9. cnms2

cnms2

Please take my advise: give it a try!

Forget your previous bias, and start again from a neutral bias. Read patiently through Jack's and his followers' posts (it will take months) to get a gradual understanding of their mindset and philosophy. Don't jump to conclusions and backtesting before you intake enough information, because Jack's trading methodology is a non-linear system, a synergetic system: the system's output is much better than the sum of each one of its components.

Do it and you won't regret it! That's what I did.

If you're too anxious, and to incredulous to start this path, than here's a short cut: read patiently Jack's "Channels", "Rockets and Icebergs", "Stop-offset", "Bruno R", and wash and reverse drills. Then practice them for a couple of weeks on daily and 30 minute charts on whatever equities you hear of. Then get back to us with your conclusions!

Do it and you won't regret it!

#19     May 29, 2006
  10. slacker

slacker

cnms2, after doing so, are you now successfully using Hershey (drawing channels, L2R, R2L, R2B, B2R, sweep, etc. etc) methods to trade the ES contract?

Thank you

#20     May 29, 2006