Request IB Tick Data - JAVA API

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by BayStFXTrader, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Mmmm.... Not sure what you mean.

So , the code you recommended above should be added to the tickPrice method in the PrintWrapper class which implements in EWrapper.

I want to store the price and size of a specific bid and ask tick in my main file where a print wrapper objext exists. I'm thinking unless I can overload the tickPrice method, but I'm not sure if that still helps because in the main file, I have

Code:
        client.reqMktData(tickerId, con, "100,101,104,106,162,165,221,225", true); 
    What I have is a Strategy object in the main file (i.e. PrintTestForex class )to which I was planning on passing EClientSocket as a parameter. I'm wondering if that's how you do it? Or how would you recommend I do it.

More specifically I want the ESocketClient object not just to print market data but return it so that I can store it in a variable. The TickPrice method in wrapper class doesn't return anything.

#11     Sep 7, 2010
  2. Interesting thread, found this thread is helpful.

reqMktData(int tickerId, Contract contract, String genericTicklist, boolean snapshot)

It needs generic list, Generic Tick Types can't be empty list. And, Snapshot market data subscription is not applicable to generic ticks, (server version 53), so, make boolean snapshot=false.

Generic Tick Types:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/p.../generic_tick_types.htm#XREF_interoperability

#12     Jun 21, 2011
  3. Why dont you just run the demo app that comes with the TWS API that will get you up and running.

#13     Jun 21, 2011
  4. rosy2

rosy2

set EClientSocket to setServerLogLevel(4)

you should get errors saying the contract is not defined.

:eek:

#14     Jun 21, 2011