Reputable prop firms in Chi-town

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Darv, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Darv

Darv

I was wondering what were the most reputable futures prop firms in Chicago and what sets them apart from the others. I have an offer from GHCO and was wondering if they would be included in that list. Are these reputable firms really difficult to get into? Also, what kind of trading strategies do these firms use. Are they mostly intraday/scalping or do some of them hold positions over night? I just wanted to know a little more about the firms and their strategies. If anybody would like to pass on information.....I'd really appreciated. I'm trying to compare GHCO to these others so I can make a decision whether to take the offer or not. Thanks.

2. Marlon

Marlon

Try Tradelink they offer a salary vs. prop firms which usually only give a split. Its very hard to start out at a prop firm...

3. manna

manna

Offer a salary? What if you turn out to actually be able to trade? How happy are you going to be when you keep making more and more money and don't participate? Get a fair split with good costs!

You are taking a risk when you decide to spend your time learning the 'craft' of trading. It is tempting to take the salary in order to cut this risk somewhat but not very far sighted.

4. chisel

chisel

GHCO is reputable, but I can't say whether their offer is any good.

5. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

There are alot of good firms.
    SMW
    York BA
    Fortis
    REFCO

6. dsguns1

dsguns1

REFCO/MAC Futures is by far the best one. Especially if you have some experience and a decent track record/

7. Transact Futures

I am curious why you say that. What is there payout? It is said there seat lease is 2500 bucks I know some better prices. What is the trading costs? I know a lot of prop firms that have different deals.

8. dsguns1

dsguns1

ABOUT 2300 ON THE SEAT LEASE. NO CONTRACT. BASICALLY ONCE YOU MAKE A CERTAIN AMT, WHICH ISNT RIDICULOUS. YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF BEING OUT OR GOING ON A 80/20 OR 90/10 SPLIT. ALSO HAVE GREAT INSURANCE BENEFITS.

AND......THEY HAVE GREAT TRAINING, AND A GREAT TRADING ENVIRONMENT.

9. Transact Futures

Who are the trainers?

10. dsguns1

dsguns1

Listen, Id love to continue to give you info, but I dont really feel comfortable divulging too much. If you are interested, send them a resume.

What is your deal at York?

#10     Feb 5, 2004