Republicans to 9/11 Responders: Die, and Die Quickly

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Nearly 70 percent of 9/11 first responders have debilitating respiratory illnesses.

Many of them have been ill for years and will be for the rest of their lives.

Dr. Robin Herbert, who runs the World Trade Center medical monitoring program, called the report's findings sobering at a news conference earlier this week.

"Somebody has to take responsibility and make sure these folks get the care they need," he said.

In the last few months, state and federal officials have announced that millions of dollars will go to the treatment of first responders.

Many say it's still not enough.

"It's a drop in the bucket, and my worry is that money will be gone in a year, and what happens then," Herbert said.

Victims say they have little reason to trust what is being promised because the government's statements have not matched what the doctors have seen in their patients since the day of the attacks.

From 2006 and still not much done - http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2409716&page=1

#11     Jul 30, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I guess you learn something new every day, I never even realised wieners went through menstrual cycles.... :)

#12     Jul 30, 2010
  3. Are you saying they don't get medical coverage as part of their lavish union contracts? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but disability scams are rife in many urban police and fire departments. I'm having trouble seeing why this is a federal responsibility.

If it is such a priority, why don't the democrats just allocate some of the unused slush fund that they passed as "stimulus"? Apparently they've only managed to piss away about half of it. We know now that it was designed to go to unionized state and municipal employees (thank you very much fo your continued support) and had zero to do with stimulus. So by all means, let the firemen have it. They probably deserve it more than meter maids in California making $100k.

But of course that's not what the democrats are willing to do. They want to saddle the taxpayers with even more debt to fund this giveaway.

#13     Jul 30, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why does this need to be the federal government?
    Didn't most if not all 9/11 first responders work for NYC?

#14     Jul 30, 2010
  5. 70%? That sounds awfully high. Didn't the EPA (I think Whitman was running it then) OK the area back then? Why would the % be so high?

#15     Jul 30, 2010
  6. #17     Aug 2, 2010
  7. And if you don't accept that "argument" then evidently you're just a partisan hack. It's all so simply, really. You see, Republicans are God's chosen people. They can do no wrong. And Democrats are wrong merely by breathing. Once you get your mind around that, it all falls into place. Hope that helps.

#18     Aug 2, 2010
  8. For you and Gabby since it appears you both suffer from poor reading skills:

Now why don't you two wise ones explain why the democrats would do this when they could have passed the bill with a simple majority??

I'm going to make some popcorn...

#19     Aug 2, 2010
  9. IOW, I'm not paying anything to help them, they can choke for all I care.
    And, no the first responders were out of Alaska.
    You should go back to posting pictures of cow's asses.

#20     Aug 2, 2010