Republicans Screw Supporters Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Good grief, I missed that. I guess they didn't learn anything from the massive FNM/FRE fraud that is still being uncovered or from the 1990 S & L meltdown. They should be putting Fannie and Freddie on their own and cutting the cord from the Treasury. Instead, they are putting the government on the hook for even more gargantuan bailouts when these two retirement homes for out of work political hacks inevitably blow up.

Ron Paul, we need you stat.

#11     Jan 24, 2008
  2. A pox on both.

#12     Jan 24, 2008
  3. oh but that is money well spent (albeit before its earned) too freakin funny :p

your BOTH part(y) of the PROBLEM. selfish disingenuous idiots

#13     Jan 24, 2008
  4. TGregg

TGregg

Oh they learned. Remember that folks noticed the S&Ls were in trouble, so they raised FSLIC coverage by some amazing level, thus making a small mess even bigger.

And don't forget our buddy McCain was one of the Keating Five. Over a hundred billion 1980 dollars down the tubes, and one of the helpful senators might well be the GOP presidential nominee.

They learned all right. They learned that Americans will ignore government spending with vapor trails of zeroes behind them. So why not do it again? We get the government we deserve in the end.

#14     Jan 24, 2008
  5. this can only happen with a compliant media.

#15     Jan 24, 2008
  6. TGregg

TGregg

#16     Jan 24, 2008
  7. What happened to "timely, targeted and temporary?" Bush is not being well-served by his Fed Chairman, his Treasury Secretary or his political advisors. On the other hand, he appointed them and, unlike most of us, seems to think they are doing a good job.

I can see some tenuous justification for carefully limited mortgage assistance, even though that wouldn't be my position. Just giving away small sums of money to everyone has no rational justification.

#17     Jan 24, 2008
  8. Just to be fair and balanced, lest we forget:

NEIL BUSH. In 1990, federal regulators filed a $200-million lawsuit against Neil Bush and other officers of the Silverado Banking, accusing them of “gross negligence” contributing to its $1 billion collapse.1 “Our conclusion is that Silverado was the victim of sophisticated schemes and abuses by insiders and of gross negligence by its directors and outside professionals,” FDIC Senior Deputy General Counsel Douglas H. Jones said in a statement.2

http://www.campaignwatch.org/more1.htm#neil

c

#18     Jan 24, 2008
  9. LT701

LT701

"Good grief, I missed that. I guess they didn't learn anything from the massive FNM/FRE fraud that is still being uncovered or from the 1990 S & L meltdown. "

they learned al ther is for them to know

heads they win

tails you lose

heeey, wasnt mccain one of the keating 5?

#19     Jan 24, 2008
  10. "Republicans Screw Supporters Again"

fuck the supporters, it's the American public that is getting screwed, that my friends is the problem. The supporters deserve to be screwed for supporting the liars, crooks and cowards.

#20     Jan 24, 2008