republicans oppose teaching of “critical thinking skills”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 29, 2012.

1. i am thinking you would get some disagreement from the people who accuse obama of being an evil muslim who want to convert america to islam.

#51     Jun 29, 2012
  2. when you read in the bible and are told that there was once a talking snake what level of critical thinking skills allow you to believe it?

#52     Jun 29, 2012
  3. Yannis

Yannis

No doubt their cousins were the ones who thought Bush was even worse. What can you do? Just let them play out their idiocy and stay away from them :D

#53     Jun 29, 2012
  4. part of a functioning society is that we all agree to do some things we dont want to do. you dont like charity. i dont like wasting money on needless wars. i pay even though i dont like it because its part of living in a country with a represenative government where my represenative lays out my best case and then by a vote we come to an agreement.that is democracy.

democracy disintegrates when some people refuse to hold up their end of a deal after they through a democratic process lose the argument.

#54     Jun 29, 2012
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Try to understand what that means, who's talking to whom, how and why. The Bible is not an easy book to understand, let alone apply.

On the other hand, the Bible also tells us to love and forgive our enemies, even those who hurt us. Do you understand that infinitely far ideal? Can you do that? Should you do that? Can you defend your family and country without feeling hatred for your enemies? Most people can't. Does it sound crazy to you or just idealistic? Is there any benefit to you if you practice forgivenes in your life?

The Bible is an intricate combination of questions and a different set of answers, but without a detailed mapping algorithm. You've got to build one for yourself because everybody is different.

#55     Jun 29, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

I love charity and practice it daily. I just don't like dirty politicians stealing my money and pretending that they are charitable although they're just doing this to buy votes. Btw, I am against wars, most of them. But, don't forget that the dems dropped the bomb at H & N, started Korea and the crown jewel of their legacy, Vietnam.

#56     Jun 29, 2012
  7. its pretty clear that it says there was once a talking snake. do you believe in talking snakes?

#57     Jun 29, 2012
  8. 1) straight A's
    2) Goes to show how far adrift you are from the Founding fathers ideals.
    govt isn't your own personal pinata to shower you with gifts from your fellow citizens.
    3) Knock yourself out spend all your money for your causes but you have NO CLAIM ON MY PROPERTY FOR YOUR WHIMS OF FANCY.

#58     Jun 29, 2012
  9. is it that or jealousy? i would imagine that the part of our taxes that go to to social services to those that dont deserve it is a few bucks.maybe less than $10 and in the big picture is small. to you think its christian that you resfuse to be charitable through government to those that truely need it so you can save $10 bucks?
    if jesus was anything he was about helping the poor. why is it that you christian types are the least compassionate people on et? some of you border on repulsive in your christian views.

Jesus- Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    Christian- Right. Just a second, Im in a debate with this atheist online.
    Jesus- ~sigh~ Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    Christian- Yeah yeah, just a minute. Ive GOT to show this atheist how he's wrong about you!
    Jesus- ~double sigh~ Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    Christian- Get off my back already! Geez, cant you see Im doing God's work here?!?
    Jesus-You're not listening to me. Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    Christian- What? Give up my computer? But this is how I do God's work!! GET OFF MY BACK!
    Jesus- You're not listening. ALL you are doing is debating foolish words, NOT salvation!
    Christian- O COMMON! There's NO WAY you literally meant to sell everything.
    All the scholars know that! Jeez, how stupid!
    Now get off my back Jesus.
    Jesus- ~walking away~
    ~sigh~

#59     Jun 29, 2012
  10. man you really are a dolt

[​IMG]

#60     Jun 29, 2012