Republicans may vote NO for bail out

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Aaron Copland, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Do you think in an election year these guys are not going to listen to there home town.

Voters say no bail out 90% say no, hello politations are not that stupid.

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. If the GOP is serious, they will filibuster this legislation (they have the numbers to do it).

Otherwise, it's all political posturing.

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. Of course they are not asking me... I am only a constituent... but I vote NO... HELL NO

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Do you actually believe politicians listen to hometown? Like they did when 80% of constituents said NO to NAFTA, and they did it anyway? Damn guy, what makes you think that the people in money and power would give heed to those who have neither?

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Well, it's agreat opportunity of the consertive republicans to take back the party, go Newt.

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. cuz69

cuz69

Hooorah!!

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. cuz69

cuz69

Exactly!

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. cuz69

cuz69

http://www.townhallmail.com/jappkjkc_opninppp.html

The hell with this bail out! As someone else posted it's time to flush and rebuild.

If the American people that were stupid and irresponsible enough to take out mortgages, loans etc..beyond there means. Than they deserve what they get. And the same goes for the banks that lent them money!

Typical...Dems (always looking for something free, are for it, and Reps oppose it.(Earn your way)
    Gov... doesn't belong on Wall St. Although, the gov could make money off this, I resent them doing this off my dime.
    I did not cause this, I pay my bills and my taxes and I am not overextended!
    It's not my fault for who is!

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  9. You mean the way that Texan House Majority Leader Dick Armey sat back and allowed the "free markets" to leverage-up 33:1 with Fannie and Freddie going wild?

:D

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Not going to happen. If GOP doesn't (mostly) support this, Dems will not pass it. Leadership in both parties is strictly in re-election mode, they will cover each others asses at the expense of pretty much anything else. Party lines and idealogy be damned.

What gets interesting is the stunt Shelby just pulled - that was a serious throwing down of the gauntlet and just short of a physical slap to the face of the President. This may end up being a right proper non-partisan food fight with GOP/DEM anti-bailers against GOP/DEM bailers.

#20     Sep 25, 2008