Republicans/Libertarians - dead wrong on education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Very well, pardon my interjection then. Carry on.

I'll simply add that the 'educational benefit' that private schools provide is allowing whites and asians to avoid being thrown into classrooms with largely uneducable blacks and hispanics.

#21     Jul 28, 2006
  2. I see. So school vouchers are just to re-institute segregation. I've never thought about it that way. Now I am against it too.

#22     Jul 28, 2006
  3. I'm sure that rich liberals will be shocked, shocked I say, to read this. They will maintain they sent their, little princelings, the Al Gores and Chelsea Clintons, to private school because they liked the diversity.

Liberals are huge hypocrites on education. I at least understand where the teachers' unions are coming from. They are no different than other union goons. But the rich liberals who force poor and middle class families to suffer through hideous public schools while they send their own little darlings to a safe private school are beneath contempt. They are the ones supporting forced bussing rather than neighborhood schools, they are the ones who favor making it impossible to boot thugs and troublemakers from school, they are the ones forcing idiotic curricula. Of course, they would never expose their own children to such an environment. They are destined to be tomorrow's leaders after all.

#23     Jul 28, 2006
  4. jeafl

jeafl

Being arthritic (so typing is difficult) and pressed for time (so a proper edit was impossible) has nothing to do with vouchers.

#24     Jul 28, 2006
  5. jeafl

jeafl

So to do suburban school populations that attend Christian academies.

#25     Jul 28, 2006
  6. jeafl

jeafl

What bigot told you this?

#26     Jul 28, 2006
  7. jeafl

jeafl

In my part of Florida we have several private schools that have an all-black faculty and all-black student body. However, I know of no private school that is all white as far as Christian academies go, although the more expensive private schools may be mostly, if not all, white.

#27     Jul 28, 2006
  8. Newspapers report on it from time to time. So if the NYT, which is where I recall leading the last such report from, 'bigoted', than your issue is with them, not me.

#28     Jul 29, 2006
  9. jeafl

jeafl

I've never seen such a claim (apart from that book that was published a while ago comparing Asians, whites and blacks); I doubt that it can be backed up with any kind of empirical evidence.

#29     Jul 29, 2006
  10. ================
    Pabst;
    glad to see a separate religion/politics section;
    arent you about 50 years young like me?????????????????

They used to teach , some still do ,Bible , 10 commandments;
    much different than trash/lies they teach now.

Never mind the horrible groiwng illiteracy rate huh?????

Home schooled kids tend to excell them all

:cool:

#30     Jul 29, 2006