Republicans join call for Trayvon Martin inquiry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 25, 2012.

1. http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_n...ublicans-join-call-for-trayvon-martin-inquiry

Republicans join call for Trayvon Martin inquiry

By Michael O'Brien, msnbc.com

Republicans joined the call for an investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin on Friday, adding rare, bipartisan support in the racially-charged case.

The main Republican presidential contenders each decried the shooting of Martin, a 17-year-old African-American, allegedly by a neighborhood watch member, and joined with President Obama and other Democrats in supporting a Department of Justice investigation into the incident.

"What happened to Trayvon Martin is a tragedy. There needs to be a thorough investigation that reassures the public that justice is carried out with impartiality and integrity," Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney said in a statement.

Rick Santorum, Romney's main rival for the GOP nomination, added: "It's a horrible case, and it's chilling to hear what happened ... I think it's pretty clear the problems we're seeing in this case, and hopefully the state Attorney General and local community is reacting and responding, and hopefully this matter will be an example of what law enforcement has to do in a case like this."

2. I am 100% for the inquiry, but they sure as hell better release ALL the effing details. None of this bullshit like the media is doing only releasing one side of the story and being careful not to show any news that shows zimmerman is innocent...Like a freakin' eyewitness who saw it all go down. What was it...only the tampa newspaper that reported that story? Did anyone else report that? No?

Yes...get an inquiry and let EVERYONE know ALL the findings. Not some summary where an official comes out and says...after the inquiry, "we feel that zimmerman is guilty/innocent" and then give us no details. Or making that statement and and then giving only partial details.

Public is going batshit crazy over this story...officials no longer have the right to withhold information from the public.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you spend every waking moment poo pooing on the GOP and NOW suddenly you agree with them?

I assume this means, contrary to everything you've ever said about Republicans, that they are right about some things.

4. This illustrates exactly why so many conservatives are nervous about Romney and don't care of Santorum either. Why is it appropriate for the Justice Department to get involved in a purely local incident? Because a black got killed? Is that the standard now? Did the Justice Department see a need to get involved in those flash mob, ie black teenager, attacks on whites last summer? Were the media demanding federal prosecutions then? Were they demanding that pols weigh on it?

Or is it just when an incident, selectviely reported, fits their template? Anti-crime activist with a legal concealed gun shoots a black teen.

Would it have killed Romney to say he didn't know all the facts but trusted the Florida police?

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Romney will say anything to win the nomination and Santorum will say anything to prevent Romney from winning the nomination.

6. Of course, but the problem I have with Romney is I wonder if he has the stones to face down the liberal media and race hustlers. It looks like we're stuck with him, but we could be getting another Bush 41, too eager to compromise and please his enemies. We want a leader, not a folding lawn chair.

This incident was an ideal opportunity for Romney to show doubters that he was not another timid rhino but he flunked.