Republicans having trouble raising funds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insider trading, Aug 21, 2009.

1. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26311.html

Mitt Romney's fundraising slows

Mitt Romney’s political committee in July spent $187,000 maintaining an impressive political infrastructure, but it raised only $178,000 — its worst monthly haul of the year, and the first time the committee has spent more than it raised.

To be sure, fundraising tends to slow in the summer particularly in off years — but, by comparison, in June, Romney’s political action committee, Free and Strong America PAC, raised $299,000, and in May it brought in $455,000.

The July figures come courtesy of a report filed recently with the Federal Election Commission by the PAC, which finished last month with $833,000 in the bank.

The report shows that the lion’s share of the PAC’s spending — $85,000 — went to many of the same staffers and consultants who worked on Romney’s unsuccessful 2008 campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, is considered a leading potential contender for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, and the operation supported by the PAC could help kick-start such a campaign, much like an earlier version of the PAC did in the run-up to his 2008 campaign.

2. Repubs love to hear that Democrats numbers are dropping,but that doesn't mean that Republican numbers are going up :)

3. I am republican but they keep pushing people that could be your nextdoor neighbor for president.

I do not what my neighbor running for president.