Republicans are a stupid bunch.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

What is the difference between "confiscating" an individual's money at income time, or doing the same at consumption time?

#51     Mar 2, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

You have a choice whether or not you want to buy needless stuff, as opposed to not having a choice in juist handing over money.

I actually dont think the consumption tax would work though as it would discourage people from buying things they dont need, which is basically exactly what the American economy is based on.

#52     Mar 2, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, love it.

You can choose not to earn!

"As I sit here quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes and the grass grows of itself."

#53     Mar 2, 2011
  4. so, loopholes are ok for some things. interest is not deductable for other consumable items. why housing?
    i recieve no benifit from interest deductions and i own a house. houses are bought for other reasons. i agree it would make it less attractive for some people.

#54     Mar 2, 2011
  5. Only if you promise to make slingshots for the military after you convince them to soldier for free.

#55     Mar 2, 2011
  6. you fancy yourself some kind of intellectual. your nothing but a moron, i owned you before gabfly. and stu before that, your pathetic

#56     Mar 2, 2011
  7. bone

bone

#57     Mar 2, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

LOL!!, you're a riot!

#58     Mar 2, 2011
  9. jem

jem

they have chance to re invest the money to grow their businesses or investments.

surely as a trader you feel the pinch in a big way.

when I was full time.. I took the penalty and only paid once a year.

#59     Mar 2, 2011
  10. jem

jem

what is a trillion in deficit to congress?

or raise tariffs to support the army... the way the country was set up by the founders. By the way as an importer --- if we targeted the right industries it would reate jobs if done properly.

#60     Mar 2, 2011