Republicans are a stupid bunch.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 2, 2011.

1. i would hope you would concede that no matter the system it would need enforcement.

that being said a consumption based system is an unfair system bordering on immoral. it falls hardest on the poor. you are talking about taxing necessities of the poor. i live in a state where its all consumption and property tax based. it is immoral that a person can work his whole life paying for a house for shelter and then if he retires and cant pay property tax his house is confiscated leaving him homeless. all taxes should be income based.

i would support a no deduction based progressive income tax system that eliminated all loopholes including home interest deductions. a simple postcard would be enough to file. you made this much you owe this much.

#41     Mar 2, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

So why are colleges in left wing cities throwing ROTC off campus? Yeah, it's just my imagination. OK Gabby.

#42     Mar 2, 2011
  3. #43     Mar 2, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

#44     Mar 2, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i agree that no matter the system, it would need enforcement. but enforcement and additional complexity (which is obama's direction) is a different thing. spending more money because the tax system's complexity is increasing is the point here, and i disagree with that.

the rest of your text, i disagree with. while a consumption based tax code does impact the poor, it falls "hardest" on those who consume most. for example, no poor man is going out and buying a new Maybach at $350,000. a rich man would, and would pay the subsequent tax on that item. the poor, who currently pay no taxes, would have to pay under a consumption based tax system, so you put a credit in for them to get a refund on food and clothing if they meet a certain standard. but if a poor man decides to go out and buy an IPad, well guess what? taxed.

right now we have low income people buying crap they cannot afford, yet they pay no taxes apart from any applicable state sales tax. that's crap.

lastly, eliminating interest deductions is the surest way to completely kill what is left of the housing market, as there would be NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO EVER OWN A HOUSE AGAIN. read that sentence and think about it deeply.

#45     Mar 2, 2011
  6. +1

one of 10 best posts ever posted

ps HELLO??! your owned! hello? anyone home?

#46     Mar 2, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're. As in "you are".

#47     Mar 2, 2011
  8. Hello

Hello

Gabfly, do you atleast pay this guy to suck your balls, or does he just like the taste of dick? Im thinking its probably the latter, if i were you i would be careful one of these days you are going to look out your window and this mentally unstable asshole killthesunshine is going to be peaking in through it while he fondles himself.

#48     Mar 2, 2011
  9. jem

jem

there should be no income tax.
    zero tolerance for federal confiscation of personal income.

congress spends money like deficits don't matter.
    lets trash the tax code and unleash a torrent of economic improvement.

The banks should love it, because it will create a crazy demand for housing.

Then if there is still a problem the govt can inflate out of the debt slowy.

As a people it will not hurt as much because we will not be destroyed by progressive income taxes.

#49     Mar 2, 2011
  10. so warren buffet, who likes to brag that he still lives in an old house and drives an old car and spends very little on luxuries should be allowed to pay almost nothing?

#50     Mar 2, 2011