Republicans are a stupid bunch.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I would have expected better from a fiscal conservative. So not only do you want more tax cuts, but you want to reduce the enforcement of the reduced tax collection (reduced since it has already been proven that tax cuts don't pay for themselves). So the "fiscal responsibility" part, by extension, amounts to no more than telling the weaker amd more unfortunate members of society to fend for themselves. I imagine "Tough Shit!" would be an appropriate slogan. Meanwhile, the rich can count on reduced enforcement. So the rich get comfort, and the genuinely disadvantaged get the pavement. Lovely. Oh, yeah, and infrastructure is for sissies who don't have four-wheel drive. And education is so tomorrow, whereas you Zen guys live in the moment. Affordable health care and basic human dignity? Those are luxuries that can't be squandered on everybody, and certainly not at any expense to the rich who bear such a heavy burden and for whom I cry every night.

Perhaps some day, you guys wil be able to look past yourselves. But I'm not very hopeful.

#11     Mar 2, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Perhaps someday YOU will mind your own bloody business. But I'm not very hopeful.

#12     Mar 2, 2011
  3. hell yes i want enough agents to do the job. when i send in my check i want to know that that some other asshole, like you maybe,isnt getting away with not paying because they created some kind of illegal tax shelter. every few weeks on et we have someone bragging how they scam the system and escape paying what they owe. i want these guys to pay just like i have to.

#13     Mar 2, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

LOL, its ground breaking isnt it? I am a free market guy who wants less spending and lower taxes, and i want to eliminate all the leeches sucking off the government tit, and particularly the most repulsive ones in the who are involved in the IRS.

BTW something which none of the liberals have addressed in this thread is that in Vhehn's article it says ten dollars is taken in for every dollar spent on audits and siezure of property, so even if republicans slash the budget whats to say that they cant have the same amount of audits? Why cant the money simply come off the salaries of these useless assholes working for the IRS?

#14     Mar 2, 2011
  5. FT, don't bother with 377HOMER. You're arguing with a vegetable-based bot. And this vegetable isn't going to be turning over a new leaf any time soon.

#15     Mar 2, 2011
  6. Not ground-breaking. Merely short-sighted. It is akin to cutting off a limb in order to lose weight.

#16     Mar 2, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

They are not leeches if they are doing the job we want them to do. For example, if the military, "our boys", were taking a financial hit because taxes were being dodged, there would be calls to triple the number of IRS officers.

#17     Mar 2, 2011
  8. bone

bone

If Democrats were so fair, they had two full years of complete political domination in the Congressional and Executive Branches where they could have overhauled the tax code and made it more equitable.

Charlie Rangel is an expert on the US tax code and he chairs the committee.

Why can't Buffet and Soros and Pelosi and Speilberg and the thousands of deep-pocketed progressives just pay tax rates on ordinary income without all the loopholes and shelters and shells and the like in the interest of 'fairness' ? Would hiring more IRS change that dynamic ?

How is it that the many progressive-leaning companies and big Democratic donors like Google build a shell offshore in some place like Ireland and pay like less than a 2 % ? Would hiring more IRS agents change that dynamic ?

OP, take another Daily KOS bong hit, because your arguement is indeed very weak when held under the light. Instead of overhauling the tax code, the Democrats chose to create another entitlement program, additional tax and regulatory burdens to support that entitlement, for which they are now reaping the fruits of that labor.

#18     Mar 2, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

I can promise that under no cicumstance would there EVER be calls from me to triple the size of the IRS,(THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE 100% GUARANTEE) if the military was taking a hit, id tell the government to stop fucking waging wars, and pull all of our pointless bases we have overseas. The whole middle east is going up in smoke right now anyways what does it matter that we are fighting terrorists in afghanistan when they will inevitably take over a couple of these other middle eastern countries anyways.

#19     Mar 2, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not unlike you profiting from the oil industry, while simultaneously whining about GW.

#20     Mar 2, 2011