Republican Vote Fraud and Crime Annals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L-Kabong, Sep 6, 2012.

1. You cited one case of a guy who used a wrong address. Since i don't have the actual facts, I don't know how that situation even arose. Perhaps he moved or had multiple homes. It's hardly some smoking gun of massive vote fraud by republicans.

By contrast, democrats have routinely been involved in orchestrated vote fraud. They have a long and sordid history of it. The jokes about voting early and often in chicago are based on truth.

The two people you cited seem to have been treated harshly. How you link them to George Bush is beyond me.

Abramhoff, DeLay and Cunningham share nothing , except they were convicted of politicla offenses. DeLay was unfairly railroaded by a hyoer partisan democrat prosecutor in Austin, Texas. Even the Washington Post wrote an editorial saying the case was troubling. I dare you to look it up and confirm that I am right.

Duke Cunningham was a legitimate American hero, Vietnam figher ace who risked his life on a daily basis for his country. He was a rock star in the defense community and let some contractors give him stuff that apparently went over the line. I believe some guy was letting him live on a boat moored in the Potomac or something like that. Major corruption it was not. He got a severe prison sentence that was very unfair and should have been commuted by George Bush.

#11     Sep 7, 2012
  2. You're not really adding any value to this forum, particularly with that sort of comment. I suspect you may already be on my ignore list under a different alias, so you are on a short rope. If you have anything profound to say, my advice is do it quickly because I doubt you last out the day without going on ignore.

#12     Sep 7, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Which comment? This one?

#13     Sep 7, 2012
  4. Another person coming to a discussion board, only to put those who call him out on ignore. Still seems odd to me, from either side, to be so fearful of words, and that's all we have here, words. Shameful and nonsensical. OK, go ahead, put me on ignore too. I guess it's some sort of badge of honor among some.

#14     Sep 7, 2012
  5. I know you've made this point a couple of times previously, and I wanted to comment on it then. It's a valid viewpoint, and one that I followed for a long time.

I have never put anyone on ignore because they disagreed with me. The first time I put someone on ignore was a guy who was obviously disturbed and was making wild threats. I just don't need that kind of crap. I went a long time without putting anyone else on, until relatively recently I realized there were a few posters who just did not add any value. Either they posted the same thing over and over, or they could only traffic in insults and name-calling, or they just seemed so vile, warped or dumb I didn't want to be in the same virtual room with them.

I realize that P&R is beginning to reflect our national politics. There is little common ground. Each side regards the other as contemptible at best and evil at worst. Labelling and invective have replaced civilized argument. It's unfortunate, but you only have so many hours in a day and I choose not to waste them on posters who are the equivalent of crazy people shouting on the sidewalk.

#15     Sep 8, 2012
  6. Not only that, it's the same people saying the same thing over-and-over again. P&R has become little more than an echo chamber of far-left and far-right politics.

I'm going to confine my further ET postings to the thread on the FTT (an issue of real importance to traders), which is the reason I joined ET in the first place.

#16     Sep 8, 2012
  7. Why would I care if you put me on ignore? You have an ossified mentality devoid of any agility. It's not the hopeless I wish to
    engage and edify, but those earnestly seeking a diversity of viewpoints. You have proven yourself a partisan cliche. In the same way that Tina Fey quoted Sarah Palin verbatim in her devastating parody of Palin, your writings could be the basis for a one dimensional frothy mouthed angry conservative whose rantings provoke laughter
    and amusement.

I don't care if you ignore me, but keep writing so I can further sketch out the assclown character in my next satire.

YOU ARE NOT ON IGNORE AAA!!

#17     Sep 8, 2012
  8. His point was in his opening post . . . . address that .

#18     Sep 8, 2012
  9. I did. He made an absurd generalization from an isolated and very minor incident.

#19     Sep 9, 2012
  10. Thanks for making the decision easy for me, asshole.

You are the prototypical left wing ignornamus, pumped up with imagined self-importance and of course all the pompous self esteem a lifetime of getting undeserved trophies for showing up produces.

#20     Sep 9, 2012